University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

OK… looks like the financial portal is back and official. She got $$ thank gosh. Its back in the running

2 Likes

Did anyone hear about distinguished scholar?

Further up on this thread, some have posted that Distinguished Scholars were notified.

2 Likes

Where did you get this info?

1 Like

This college process is not easy and doesn’t always seem fair. My son got deferred from Perdue with a 36 ACT, 4s and 5s on APs, Eagle Scout, job, tutoring, clubs, etc. Your child will find a better fit. We love UD and have a 2018 UD graduate. My younger son was accepted to UD as well.

It’s all a mystery, but I learned from my older two kids that they somehow end up where they belong. Congrats to your son on his UD acceptance!

2 Likes

Yes, they do wind up where they belong! Good luck.

1 Like

It’s in the thread. Someone called and they were told all people who would be invited were already notified. That might have been a week ago. I saw the post.

Is that what you mean? I doubt the event occurred yet. My high stats kid wasn’t invited.

Ya I meant the invite. Thanks for clarifying. Was hoping for my daughter and it is disappointing but you cannot win all right

I remember applying to college and honestly it was nerve wrecking. However, I seem to think that kids applying to 20 schools really puts others in a bad place. This process does need some rethinking. My DD decided to apply to only state schools and has taken 6 APs 3 Dual enrollment classes (where she maintained a 4.0) and maintained a hs 4.0 unweighted and 4.5 weighted Gpa and we are still waiting on an acceptance. Watching her cry and say all her hard work was for nothing is heartbreaking and enraging. UDel deferred her and I pray an acceptance comes. :pray:t4::crossed_fingers:

I had one who applied to 20 schools, she was chasing merit so needed a wide net.

Sending positive vibes your way. My son is a senior at UD and in 2018 he was deferred early action. He was accepted on March 1 and there was no looking back. It has been an amazing experience.

4 Likes

My daughter got honors at Delaware but not at UMass! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope she gets accepted. With such great stats surprised UD deferred her but I am sure she will get in

1 Like

I’m still trying to understand merit $. So confused why my dd got next to nothing (Lerner) and others with much lower gpa and ec’s are getting $15K/yr. Her stats are 4.6 weighted and 3.7 unweighted. They said they do not take test scores into consideration. We have a zoom meeting with them next week. Just heard another of her friends got $60k (nursing)and is much lower academically and has almost no ec. I want to scream. This is her top choice by the way.

I think my 3.7 kid was offered $10,000 a couple of years ago. Before covid’d merit was very tied to test scores, many schools still use scores (test optional isn’t test blind, is UD test blind now?). My son only had a 30 act, his twin with a 3.9 had a 33 act and was offered $15,000 older sister got $17,000 with a 3.9 34 act (before Covid).I think a lot of TO schools still use scores for merit.

This college acceptance process and the issuing of merit is crazy. Sometimes it seems to make no sense. Just know you are not alone and it’s not just your child. Good luck.

2 Likes

I am so sorry. Do you think the nursing friend really got $15K per year which would be $60k for 4 years? $60k/yr would be really incredible for a state university.

1 Like

I am an OOS student for nursing and I got 15K a year and was also accepted to nursing

1 Like

Yes. That makes sense. NFreddy1 said her friend got $60k a year (not total). Or, I could have misinterpreted the post. My DD also got 15K/year.

Congratulations on your admittance and award. Do you think you will attend Delaware?