University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is what the email we got today said…mine applied back in early September:

Your University of Delaware application is now complete and under review. Be sure to check your mail and your email for updates and requests for additional information, such as mid-year or final-semester grades.

Also, periodically check your student portal, [My Blue Hen Home]), for updates and to monitor your application status.

That’s what we got today. But portal has not update yet

1 Like

Wow, that is so long after acceptance.

My son never got any email at all about anything (status update, application complete, etc) and he got accepted last Friday with just a change in the portal. Strange.

1 Like

We got that today too.

We got the same today but no change in portal - it’s been reading awaiting decision for a few weeks.

I did not receive the email saying my application is complete

Should we be concerned if we got this email out of the blue.

That’s what I was wondering.

Same for my son today with the email about under review - he submitted in October - completed October 28th. Seemed very random almost like a system glitch.

Wondering the same thing!!!

Those that got that email today what were your kids gpa’s? Did they complete the optional essay about explaining a grade on their transcript?

Explained 2 grades on transcript
Got email today about everything complete and under review yet it has said awaiting decision for a couple of weeks now and everything has been in.

We got the same email. Seems like something that went out en mass.

My daughter was accepted today. She got an email about a status update. Before that it said either completed or under review.

Accepted - Mathematics Education
4.0 gpa, 2 APs, 1 honors
2 classes at community college - since it was an actual cc course and not dual enrollment, her hs doesn’t weight those grades :frowning:
For 2 years she’s been a tutor 2 days a week in a high school readiness program for middle school students in underrepresented communities
Full time job last summer, part time volunteer job pre-Covid
Test optional
Didn’t completed the optional essay.
Applied 9/17
OOS

It sounds like her stats are lower than everyone else who was accepted so far, and I’m not sure why she heard before others. My only guess is that her chosen major was mathematics education and maybe that’s just not a crowded major?

In the Penn State forum, experienced parents said not to read anything into it when some kids get acceptances and others haven’t heard yet. They said they roll them out without any obvious pattern (OOS, major, stats, etc.) over the course of 1-2 months.

4 Likes

Congratulations!

Mine got the email today as well. His application portal has been showing under review or awaiting decision or whatever for a couple weeks, I think?

I think everyone got it. Mine only has one A- and no optional essay.

I don’t think we can read anything into it. I’m wondering if they meant to send them out as the applications ticked over to completed, but something got messed up. So then they just pushed all the backlogged messages out all at once.

Makes sense except nobody who’s gotten that email today has had an update to their portal. Odd

Re number of APs and honors classes, her hs must not offer as many as many/most other schools. Also, they are only allowed to take APs jr and sr years. There are no more than 10 honors classes for all four years. This from what is ranked to be the top hs in CA? Our college counselor said that colleges use the hs profiles to evaluate students from schools with similar offerings, so if the school offers only 15 APs total, your stats aren’t competing with a student who has many more available to them.

HS doesn’t rank.

My son received same message about application under review, midyear grades etc today. His app was turned in early October. Counselor package in midOctober. Completed optional essay about a grade. Portal has shown app complete and awaiting decision for weeks. :woman_shrugging: I know he’s hoping to hear soon.

1 Like

We are in the same boat. Son’s completed application has been in since 9/28. Still “awaiting decision”. No email. No updates. Hoping to hear something soon.

1 Like