University Delaware Class of 2027 Official Thread

My student was accepted yesterday, OOS, 103.8 W GPA, 1540 SAT, NMSF, lots of APs/Honors/DE classes, volunteering and activities. Hoping for a miracle on merit. If net price calculator is accurate, we can’t afford it. I have heard in years past that people from our district had excellent merit and little need. We’ll see. Bio major.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a good sign. Some of my daughters friend received the same email.

And were accepted?

Congrats! You should find out pretty soon on aid, I think.

The University of Delaware notifies students of merit scholarships starting by the end of December, and those admitted after that date should expect to hear approximately two to three weeks after their admission decision is released. For out-of-state students who have completed the FAFSA, full financial awards, including eligibility for need-based grants and loans, will be available around this time as well. Once finalized, merit scholarship letters and award notices are mailed to students and are available on their My Blue Hen Home portals as well.

1 Like

Did anyone email Udel to ask about the letter?

I called, asked about it and there really wasn’t a clear answer re: why the email was sent. I did have the person look at my son’s file to confirm that it’s been complete since mid-October and that his application was being reviewed for early action. They confirmed all of the above and said the email was likely just an “update” making sure the students know that their apps will be reviewed and to continue to keep an eye on the portal.

3 Likes

Good luck to your son! Hoping this Friday will be decision day for you… and us!!

1 Like

Not that I am aware of. She just logged into the portal after 5 on Friday. If she got an e-mail she did not say anything about it.

D23’s first quarter grades are out and good…since no decision made yet, should she submit them? If so, would you update the SRAR, or contact the admissions rep through portal and ask?

1 Like

Wondering this also.

We did both. Updated SRAR and emailed the Admissions counselor. Not sure if it will make a difference but figured anything positive might help. We also had other schools reported on the SRAR.

Any idea if decisions are posted only on Fridays? I called the office and they confirmed they go in batches.

Mostly on Fridays, with possible exception on weeks with holidays. So, next week, it will likely be on Wednesday.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. Do you know if they go in particular order? I heard, they are still working on applications from September. Some people reported really quick turnaround. They told me that EA applicants should be notified by January 1st. I am wondering if it depends on stats, in state versus out of state, major etc.

From what I’ve seen - it’s rolling, but also does seem a bit random.

If you are still waiting, I think you submit the first quarter grade (better than first three years). I would do both (SRAR and contact admission rep).

1 Like

My son reached out to admission counselor to add quarter grades and was told they would not use them.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know. Just a little bit surprised that they would not use them.

That is interesting because my daughters counselor thanked her and confirmed they received them. She did not say anything about not using them but maybe they won’t.

1 Like

It’s Friday at 5:00. Any word yet?

1 Like