University Honors: Medicine & Community

<p>If you’re an undergraduate pre-medical student interested in developing as a future physician and giving back to the community, I invite you to apply to the UH: Medicine & Community program. <em>In this two-semester course, students are exposed to an array of topics in the health care field through a variety of hands-on clinical experiences, unique shadowing and community service</em>opportunities, and engaging guest speakers - all while receiving 2 UA credit hours with a University Honors designation.</p>

<p>We’re looking for current freshmen and sophomores (as well as juniors who plan to take a gap year) who are passionate about medicine and are eager to serve to participate in the 2013-2014 class. *Attached are a brochure with a little more information on the program, as well as this year’s application. *It’s due by noon on Monday, February 25th at the Honors College reception desk.</p>

<p>We’re excited to begin our fourth year as a UH pre-medical program this fall, and I hope you’ll consider applying. <em>If you have any questions about the program or the application, feel free to contact me at <a href=“mailto:dpstrickland@crimson.ua.edu”>dpstrickland@crimson.ua.edu</a> or uamedicineandcommunity@</em>*********.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone, and have a great Friday!</p>

<p>Paul Strickland
Student Director
UH: Medicine & Community</p>

<p>Is there a link for the brochure?</p>

<p>Sounds interesting. Is there a set class time? I am wondering about the time commitment.</p>