University of Alabama! Class of 2024! Who’s applied and who’s been accepted?

Student Gender: F

Home State: Indiana

Date Applied: October 17th (SAT Received October 24th)

Date Accepted: October 28th

Have you visited the campus?: Not yet will visit in December

Major: Journalism

Applying to the Honors College?: N

Career goal(s): Journalist

Any else you’d like to mention: Roll Tide!!!

Student Gender: M

Home State: IL

Date Applied: September 1st

Date Accepted: September 15th

Have you visited the campus?: No, visiting over Thanksgiving week

Major: Business

Applying to the Honors College?: No

Career goal(s): Business Finance/Marketing

Any else you’d like to mention: He was very excited to get in. UA was one of his top choices and he received a merit scholarship too. Looking forward to the visit.

OOSD (NJ) got accepted today!

Home State: North Carolina

Date Applied: October 14th

Date Accepted: October 28th!!

Have you visited the campus?: Not yet

Major: Computer Science, but could change

Applying to the Honors College?: N

Career goal(s): IT

Any else you’d like to mention: Roll Tide!!! DS has a 3.77 gpa and 28 ACT. That should qualify him for OOS scholarships we hope!

Student Gender: Female

Home State: Iowa

Date Applied: 8/2/19

Date Accepted: 8/7/19

Have you visited the campus?: Yes, she loves almost everything about it except for the fact that her older brother goes there

Major: Spanish

Applying to the Honors College?: Yes, applied 10/21/19, accepted 10/24/19

Career goal(s): Unsure

Any else you’d like to mention: Two UA’s are her financial safeties, as she has also been accepted to the University of Arizona (AZ scholarship is $35,000 vs $26,000 at AL, but the tuition is about $6k higher so it’s not as big of a difference as it sounds) and is waiting to find out if she was accepted into their honors program and will be visiting AZ later this year.

Home State: NJ

Date Applied: Oct 30

Date Accepted: Nov 4

Have you visited the campus?: not yet

Major: Nursing

Applying to the Honors College?: no

Career goal(s): Nurse

Any else you’d like to mention: 4.2 GPA, SAT 1270

Student Gender M

Home State: TN

Date Applied: 10/16/19

Date Accepted: 10/29/19

Have you visited the campus?: yes, but not officially

Major: Undeclared engineering

Applying to the Honors College?: yes

Career goal(s):

Any else you’d like to mention: ACT 32, GPA 3.7, both parents alums

Home State: MO

Date Applied: 11/5/19

Date Accepted: ?

Have you visited the campus?: No

Major: Biology

Applying to the Honors College?: If allowed

Career goal(s): Medicine

Any else you’d like to mention: 29 (super score ACT) yuck?, but 4.167 GPA, class rank 22 of 571. My BIGGEST concern is $$$.

She can apply for the honors college after her 1st semester as long as she gets a 3.3GPA and at least 12 credits. https://honors.ua.edu/about/honors-qa/

Also, if your biggest concern is $$$, she will get $15,000 per year, leaving you with a balance of about $30,000 for tuition, room, & board. This cost doesn’t include books, personal expenses, etc. and will most likely go up by $1,000-$3000 each year. Any other departmental scholarships from Alabama aren’t highly likely, but she might snag another $250-500 per year total if she’s lucky.

Home State: AZ

Date Applied: 8/5/2019

Date Accepted: 9/16/2019

Have you visited the campus?: Yes

Major: Marketing

Applying to the Honors College?: Yes

Career goal(s): Unsure, probably something that combines Media/Communications and Marketing

Any else you’d like to mention: 3.8 UW GPA, 4.2 W GPA. 33 ACT. The Presidential Scholarship ($26,000 a year) makes UA a great affordable OOS option.

Student Gender: F

Home State: Florida

Date Applied: 10/16 (transcripts received 11/5)

Date Accepted: 11/11

Major: Athletic training

Career goal(s): Athletic trainer for a college/professional sports team

Any else you’d like to mention: 31 ACT, 4.9 weighted GPA

Daughter accepted!

Student Gender:F

Home State:MA

Date Applied: ??? mid Oct?

Date Accepted:???early Nov?? dont know exact dates

Have you visited the campus?:NO

Major: Business/Finance

Applying to Honors College:YES

Career goal(s):

Any else you’d like to mention:

[/quote]
Stats GPA UW 3.81 W4.42
SAT 1310 Deca National Finalist, Varsity Cheer captain 4 yrs, Varsity Volleyball 4 yrs, Varsity Softball 2 years, Executive Board, AP scholar, PT job, and leadership positions.

“Also, if your biggest concern is $$$, she will get $15,000 per year, leaving you with a balance of about $30,000 for tuition, room, & board. This cost doesn’t include books, personal expenses, etc. and will most likely go up by $1,000-$3000 each year. Any other departmental scholarships from Alabama aren’t highly likely, but she might snag another $250-500 per year total if she’s lucky.”

My Daughter was accepted, but based on the $, I don’t think it’s a viable solution. The University of Portland was actually cheaper. In any event - I wish all well and hope everyone goes where they want to go.

@packattack1018 How/where did you receive the notification? Our son was accepted in August, also accepted to Honors College, and has the stats for Presidential Scholarship but I can’t for the life of me find notice of the scholarship award. Was it a letter? An email? I don’t see it on his portal.

Thanks!

We got ours in regular snail mail. No email and nothing in the portal. It was a few weeks after acceptance. Perhaps you should contact the school?

Home State: VA

Date Applied: 11/16

Date Accepted: 11/23

Have you visited the campus?: No, but used to live in AL

Major: Business (Economics)

Applying to the Honors College?: No

Career goal(s): Working as a data analyst maybe, still need to figure things out

Any else you’d like to mention: I can’t say Alabama was my top choice, but is a great option since I used to live there. Also my stats aren’t amazing. UW: 3.5 W: 3.8 ACT: 32

But had FBLA, JV Football, many volunteer hours, and many clubs

Student Gender: male
Home State: FL
Applied/Accepted: summer; it was a quick decision
Campus Visit: yes; twice; formal visit in March was awesome; went back for a football weekend last month and that was kind of wild. :slight_smile:
Major: math/finance/econ??
Honors: has not applied yet I don’t think but would definitely do that if he goes there

Any stats for people not getting in? What’s the middle 50% SAT/ACT range?

Home State: KY

Date Applied: 07/24

Date Accepted: 08/05

Major: Business economics/finance

Career goal(s): Business law

Any else you’d like to mention: 35 ACT, NMSF

From what I understand, the average ACT score at UA is a 26/27. I would guess that’s lower for in-state students and higher for OOS students. I’m not sure for the SAT