University of Alabama! Class of 2024! Who’s applied and who’s been accepted?

Moderation Notes:
This is a report only thread, not a discussion thread or a Q&A thread. If you have such comments or questions, there are already existing threads that are appropriate, or feel free to start your own. It is quite easy to do. - (from previous thread).

HOWEVER: a couple of other Acceptance threads have been merged with this one so those do have comments/questions. So, those comments are exceptions. Going forward please only put the copy/pasted info below.

Copy paste the below and put in your answers. (it’s ok for parents to post about their child if they want)

Student Gender:

Home State:

Date Applied:

Date Accepted:

Have you visited the campus?:

Major:

Applying to the Honors College?:

Career goal(s):

Any else you’d like to mention:

Are you seeing more tabs on your myBama ?

If so, accepted

I’m actually a year away from it mattering for D21, but I keep hoping the scholarship pages will get updated for the 2020 class, so I know what changes have happened.

@Dudewith2 - Our daughter applied over the weekend (Saturday) and got a system-generated email overnight (1:01 AM the following Wednesday) stating that her application status is “Complete ready for review”, so I assume transcript & SAT scores have been matched and the review/decision clock starts now for her.

The same email also said “Due to the high volume of documents submitted in the fall, please allow 5-10 business days for processing. You may expect 1-5 business days processing in spring and summer months.”.

Will update when we hear something. Like others, an early decision from one of her top choices would make a big impact on her mindset heading into her Senior year of high school.

We are waiting as well. S20’s application status was complete and ready for review on July 16. He’s a high stat kid so it should be an easy decision, but we still haven’t heard anything. It’s driving S crazy. ?

Edited to add: S reached out to his local UA admissions rep two days ago to ask if there will be changes to the out of state merit scholarships, and he hasn’t gotten a response there either.

My DD stopped in admissions yesterday and was told first batch of acceptances to start on August 5th. Second set will be September after Labor Day. Scholarships had to be checked on every day, but sometime in August. Hope this helps! Anxiously awaiting… @ShrimpBurrito @projectmgr

Thanks @Fissie !

Thanks @Fissie ?

@projectmgr @ShrimpBurrito My DD is on campus at an admission dinner. There it was announced that if you applied pretty early, you should hearing back around Labor Day. She also said they announced they were in the middle of finalizing the scholarships for 2020 and they should be available by mid August, so keep checking. Bummer!!

Thanks for the update, @Fissie.

I’m so glad I found this string because we are wondering the exact thing! I’ve been reading all the comments from July 2018 as well, and wondering why we haven’t heard yet. We just met with my D’s Regional recruiter and he said we should hear around mid-August. D applied 7/5, transcript received 7/8 and SAT received 7/17…she was accepted to Ole Miss the day after her SAT score was received, so we’re really hoping she’ll be accepted to UA! ?? ( Her recruiter said she won’t have any problems. )
Home state-CA
GPA 3.5 weighted
SAT 1270
Visiting campus at University Days 9/23!

Good luck everyone! Roll Tide!

Thanks @ckmomof2 ! Wish it was sooner but glad to know our daughter’s not the only one waiting for a response.

Understanding that every student/application is different but her GPA/stats seem similar to your student’s (also out of state) so we’ll see how the campus visit goes later in August and hope for the best.

Best of luck and thanks again for this update!

I was just wondering the same thing since i saw acceptances so early last year. DD applied 7/1 and had everything linked up by 7/2. High ACT and top 10% of her grad class . So I was wondering what the hold up was. Hopefully we will hear something soon!

Thanks for sharing this info. We’ve been reading last year’s quick acceptance stats and worrying because we’ve heard absolutely nothing since the application was complete and ready for review on 7/16.

Anyone heard anything? DD just checked and it just says ready for review.

NO! So disappointed!

No change for us either.

ADMITTED!! Check your application statuses!!

@fissie congrats!! And thanks for the heads up! I just texted S, who is at drumline camp. ??

Thanks @Fissie - and congratulations to your daughter!

Our daughter just checked and she was admitted as well :smiley:

She’s very excited…we’re leaving today to move our oldest (first) into UGA so its been a bit of a bummer as we get ready to leave for the airport. This news definitely brightened the mood in the house.

We’re actually leaving from Athens to do a campus tour at UA on Monday, so knowing she’s admitted will make it that much more enjoyable.

Thanks again and best of luck to everyone!