University of Alabama Tour

I plan to tour Bama this summer and would like to know what the tour will consist of. I know it is 2 hours long and includes an info session. Which buildings will I see during the tour, and what can/should I go see on my own after the tour that I do not get to see during it? I plan to apply to the business school, will I see that and if not, is there anyway I can see that? Is there anything I should set up like an interview? Help me out here, thank youu!!!

When will you be coming?

Set up the campus tour ASAP…do it online. Then you’ll know what time the Bschool can work around.

So when I set up my tour, I will get the option to tour specific schools?

There are two kinds of tours, really. One is the general campus tour, which you schedule online - do this ASAP because space is limited on the 25-seater bus (if I recall that capacity correctly)…and the other tour can be arranged through the Honors College (if you are going to be an HC student), or through each college and is more tailored to you.

Here’s a tip about the bus tour. Before you board the small bus that takes you around, ask for a map at the front reception desk (this will be inside the Denny Stadium there where the tour starts from)…or bring your own campus map…and ask them to highlight or Sharpie-marker on that map where exactly you will go. Then, while you’re on the bus, you can easily follow where you are going on the map, as you go along. Otherwise, you won’t know where you are and what buildings they are talking about. Later, when you’re on your own, you will be more familiar with what you’ve seen if you have the bus route highlighted. The general campus tour is led by a student ambassador, who will give you some basic history about the campus…and the bus will take you around the entire campus. I believe there are a couple of stops along the way (but I might be mixing this up with the tour that was given at BB), which will be the Rec Center and the Ferguson Student Center.

Outside of the official tours, you are welcome to walk throughout the campus on your own. I would most definitely suggest you stop and chat with students along the way.

Since this student won’t be in the Honors College, I think he should set up his campus tour, and then contact the B school, give him his tour date and time, and ask if someone there can give him a tour.

Admissions also sets up personalized tours for potential students utilizing Capstone men and women. Alumni Hall offers tours as well called Discovering Alabama. Both offices do an excellent job.