Where does the campus tour end?

<p>Hi, we are trying to plan our campus visit in the Fall. Where does the tour begin and end? Does it really last 2 hours? Just trying to see if we can fit everything in that we’d like to see.
Thanks!</p>

<p>Unless the tour has changed, it starts as a driving tour in a small bus to show the outer areas of the campus…the rec center, health center, etc. Then the bus stops near the Quad and then the walking tour shows what is around the Quad and the Ferg.</p>

<p>When my son and I took the tour in January it started at the visitor’s center in the football stadium and ended at admissions where they gave the admissions presentation.(My son had applied about two weeks previous to our tour and they told us right in admissions that my son was accepted) It is by bus and you make several stops along the way. We scheduled it by taking the general tour first then going for our individual appointments in the afternoon but you can schedule it any way that works best for you.</p>

<p>You can do the admissions presentation before or after your tour. Depends on what times are available for each. The tour starts at the visitor center on the south end of Bryant-Denny stadium. They take you by bus from there around the outer edges of the campus w/ a few stops along the way. Then at one point when you disembark at a point just east of the Quad it is a walking tour on the way to the Ferg. Then ends at the Ferg. On our tour when we stopped in front of the Presidential Mansion the then Pres, Guy Bailey was leaving. He had them stop the car and rolled down the window and talked to us (there were only 2 families on our tour). D thought that was awesome! </p>

<p>Thanks for the update. I have seen the Visitors Center in the Stadium, but didnt know that the tours start there now. Great.</p>

<p>The first tour we took when DD</p>

<p>Sorry, don’t know how to edit and hit the button too fast! I was going to say…the first tour we took when DD1 was first considering Bama started at the Visitors Center in the stadium and ended at Admissions. Last August at DD1’s early move-in we did the tour again for DD2 (who is now a rising senior), and the tour bus picked up at Admissions and finished at the visitor’s center, so just the opposite on that one.</p>

<p>To edit, hover mouse over post and hit the little gear that pops up in the upper right corner of the post. You have 15 minutes to edit the post after it is first posted. :)</p>

<p>Thank you, Mattio! I thought that may be it, but it’s got to be the browser I’m using because it doesn’t respond when I hit it.</p>

<p>I am directionally challenged at the best of times. I took a map and a highlighter along with me on the tour, so that I could trace the route as we went along. This helped me a lot when I went back and looked for a specific area of campus, and then I could put it in context of the tour.</p>

<p>Thanks, everyone! I was just hoping we could make the noon Mass at St. Francis after our 10 am tour. I will have to see where the church is compared to Admissions. </p>

<p>Does the tour last about 2 hours? I would guess it runs pretty consistently as often as they do it.</p>

<p>^^^ 2big2babies: The church is not very close to Admissions, but you would probably be okay (as long as you aren’t worried about being a couple of minutes late). I’m sure the tour sometimes varies in length … seems like we were done in an hour and 45 minutes (if you don’t hang around after the official Admissions presentation)…depends on how many people ask questions… Hope it all works out for you!</p>

<p>Right…Admissions is on the north side of campus, and St. Francis is located on the SE area of campus. </p>

<p>You could skip the Admissions presentation. I doubt that they will provide any info that you cant get here. If you have already applied, know the scholarships, etc, I’m not sure that it would yield much for you.</p>

<p>I would tell the tour leader that you want to attend a church service at noon, and that you will leave the tour at 11:30 (or at a time that would allow you to get to St. Francis from a certain pt.)</p>

<p>Where do people park if the tours now start in the south part of the stadium? By Tut? in the small stadium prkg lot on the north side? or where? </p>

<p>Couple years ago, there was a small parking lot next to the Stadium. Directions and instructions were sent to tour participants, because there is a code to open the gate. Assuming that they are following the same procedure as back then?</p>

<p>Is that parking lot to the SE of the stadium… west of Tut? </p>

<p>Looking at my notes, where we parked for the tour was on the W side of the stadium (off Wallace Wade Dr). This was nearly 3 years ago, tho!</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids‌ , is it ok to skip that admissions presentation? That would probably work out best then.
And the stadium is near the church, right? So if the tour ends there, that would be even better.</p>

<p>Sure it is ok to skip the admissions presentation…no one is held hostage. ha ha.</p>

<p>You might just mention to the tour person that you have to leave before 11:30 because of the church visit.</p>

<p>The stadium isnt THAT close to St Francis. It isnt far but dont plan on walking. </p>

<p><a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama;

<p>The parish is D (12-F) on the map. The building to the left of the D is the old church (which is becoming a larger student center). The building to the right of the D is the new church, completed last Fall. </p>

<p>The admissions presentation pretty much covers everything you, no doubt, will already know by the time you get there if, as it appears, you’ve done your research ahead of time. It’s good stuff, but you can get all of it from the website or by asking questions here. </p>

<p>Is St. Francis located near all the other churches and the Hillel on campus, adjacent to the Hotel Capstone? That’s a great location if you’re still looking to book accommodations, OP!</p>