University of Arizona- Class of 2017

<p>D received her acceptance before the holiday break (dec). She just received an email about her merit award. In order to access the award info (on line) she needs a code from the original letter…I think. Until recently, D wasn’t really paying close attention to UofA admissions emails. I know they held an admitted student’s event yesterday, so I assume most of the acceptances and merit awards are notified.</p>

<p>Sorry–correction to above post. I was wrong…I just phoned admissions. Acceptance letters are still going out, award and fin aid letters too.</p>

<p>Has anyone received financial aid information yet? I posted above that we were told my D would receive her aid information with acceptance. She did receive scholarship info, but not aid info. If it is on her NextSteps account somewhere and we’re missing it, please let me know where to find it.</p>

<p>And one other question about financial aid: can anyone comment on your experience with how close Arizona comes to meeting need? My D received a respectable scholarship, but there is a hole large enough to drive a Mack truck through between scholarship+EFC and the COA.</p>

<p>daughter was sent an email to a link and also received a letter in the mail. Financial aid was not with scholarship/acceptance letter.</p>

<p>My experience is: Uof A sends merit then FinAid. FinAid report showed the merit award. FinAid is slim for CA residents. Probably better if you’re in-state. D found the first letter U of A sent. (D’s is dated Dec 2012) It provides an Id# and a pin. D only received this code once on the hard copy. She was sent another email with a different set of log-in numbers. If all else fails, call. You may need to talk to one or two folks before you get the correct answer. Even with the small OOS FinAid, AZ is comparable to a UC. You aren’t alone, the $$$ thing is outrageous!!!</p>

<p>Congrats for everyone! How exciting! Bring sunscren and learn to dislike ASU. GL</p>

<p>Got a National Scholar Award of $120,000 plus an iPad a few months ago and got my acceptance letter today. Super excited, but undecided whether to go here. I want to pursue music education and am from Southern California.</p>