University of Delaware and Merit

I got an online admission letter in my portal, but it didn’t say anything about Merit. Does anyone know if Delaware doesn’t show merit online in their initial letter?

1 Like

Same for my D. Admitted (love the confetti) but no more info on merit in the initial letter.

2 Likes

Thank you! Let me know if you hear anything.

My son was accepted as well with no financial offers. If I recall from last year when my daughter applied, her offer came later. There were levels if I remember correctly to the offerings of merit based on achievements. U

2 Likes

The financial aid/merit scholarship awards come about 3 weeks after you get your admissions decision. I remember that when my older son applied and also found it on their website.

2 Likes

My daughter received her acceptance letter dated Nov. 5 and it didn’t say anything about merit either.

Anything yet?

1 Like

My sibling received her merit letter on November 30th (2018), so im guessing it comes soon

1 Like

Nothing here yet (accepted 11/5)… Hoping soon and waiting for Honors too!

1 Like

Yes. Still nothing. 11/5 acceptance.

did anyone get a decision today?

wrong thread !

Merit scholarships are out today! Check the portal under the Financial Aid tab! :tada:

1 Like

I see it. Ours is terrible. $2,000 grand a year. Loyola Chicago gave her $21,000

1 Like

Ours is in the portal. $15k per year for four years. UD Presidential Scholarship. Assuming merit award table on the UD web site is still current, this is slightly below UD Trustee Scholarship of $15-17k/year. Presidential Scholarship range is $12-15k/year. Not sure exactly what you need for the higher award. Although we are quite happy with the award and think UD is a good option, would be hard to turn down in-state option (and hoping for merit $ here) assuming hopefully he gets in. Won’t know for a while.

Good luck to everyone else.

Stats-
3.8 UW/5.6 W
Rank 4/230
ACT 34
Computer Science

2 Likes

D got $2,000 a year also. Eh

Feels like a slap in the face to me. She won’t be going there.

D got the same. I wasn’t expecting that much being TO. I don’t think she’ll change her mind from Pitt but we’ll see!

3.97 UW
Test optional
Top decile
4 AP/14 honors
Good ECs
Good essay
Great LOR
Legacy

same as whom?

Same as cu1986

My D had a little higher GPA as your child with a 1320 and got the same $2000 a year. That’s pretty close to the result of the scholarship calculator.