University of Florida Class 2026 Admissions

When did u submit the waiver application?

11/16/21

Anyone on this board have suggestions for a good freshman class schedule for the business undergrad school? Required classes and if you should avoid taking two super hard ones in one semester which would those be? Those type of things. Thanks in advance!

I always recommend an assortment. Don’t take too many courses with a ton of reading (two lit classes with 10 books each? too much!). Don’t take more than 2 courses with ‘paper/essay’ finals rather than tests. Try to take at least one course you know you’ll do well in (if you have to retake calc but think you can do well because you have a good foundation, go for it).

1 Like

Very helpful thanks!

You can search for “UF”, the name of the degree, and “model semester plan” to see what the department recommends for course selection.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Anyone know if this is accurate? I was under the impression that summer/fall had virtually the same stats now? This tells a different story. @Melissa96

This is eye-opening.

My S isn’t at UF but I’m curious: is the room/board and food columns per semester? I’m assuming so but want to confirm.

On the SUS matrix? The costs listed on the last page are for fall+spring combined. But the most updated info will be on each school’s website.

1 Like

The sus matrix shows summer and fall separately. Click on the link.

1 Like

Wow. I looked it up on UF webpage. On campus housing $6300 for the year, and $4600 food for the year . Shockingly low. (I’m paying almost twice that for son in DC for his dorm and meal plan. Yes, by choice, and I have no regrets but it’s still shocking to see the price differences.)

Just a reminder that instate public schools are amazingly cost effective.

2 Likes

The last page shows the annual cost for each.

Sorry I was talking about fall vs summer gpa and scores. Lol

GreatPatriot - my son has the same stats as your daughter and he will apply this fall to Univ of Florida.
What major did she got in ?

My son wants aerospace engineering and I’m hearing engineering is very competitive.

Major is irrelevant. He could apply as a business major, and if accepted, he could change to engineering or biology or whatever.

The only difference is for a major which requires an audition (like vocal performance).

By applying as an Engineering major, if he were not to get in, he would be offered an alternative pathway to campus that is specific to Engineering majors. However, if your son is a 1500+ and a 4.0, I think he is looking good for acceptance.

2 Likes