University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

Are applicants expected to update their mid year grades or you did this optionally?

1 Like

No, Melissa96 mentioned senior year grades are not considered. I just updated it anyway.

Great advise!

I can’t stress the importance, as a freshman, to get involved with clubs and other activities. It’s how you find your “tribe”, have fun, less stress, and start building up your network of friends. I would even recommend taking only 12 credits and spending more time trying out these different clubs and teams in your first semester.

Don’t worry if it takes a semester or two, as you try out different groups, before you find the right group of friends. :slight_smile:

Also, if you’re interested in how students are doing after graduation, check out UF graduation survey results. Lots of info, based on major.

2 Likes

Thank you. Could you please elaborate on what is considered not maintaining grades and when the decision to rescind will be made? If the student committed to UF, I assume they would have scramble to find another school which could be late by then. Just trying to understand how this process works in general. TIA.

The SSAR not matching the transcript is an issue - for grades it is not the student who got the random C for the first time in AP Calc - it is more the student whose senioritis hits so hard they forget that they are a student.

3 Likes

Thank you, that is helpful to hear :pray:

3 Likes

Did anyone else receive a welcome to uf email this morning with a gator id?

1 Like

I did.

1 Like

yes! and gatorlink request usually comes a couple of days after being admitted??

1 Like

hmm nothing received here

1 Like

Are you international applicant or US based?

wrong reply, sorry :slight_smile:

1 Like

US based.

US based

FSU emails got prematurely sent last night too. Not sure what’s happening at UF.

1 Like

Nothing here

Yes

1 Like

Is everyone who received an email in state or out?

1 Like

in state

2 Likes

My son just got his GatorLink notication. We are OOS.

4 Likes