University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

So does this mean the student has got in or a mistake?

Appears to be an acceptance. It has actually happened at many schools where IT has prematurely sent emails before decisions were out.

did he get it right now? or earlier today

How early did he apply?

Question, I have not received a Welcome email this morning. However, under the optional forms section (top) there is a form that gives me my UFID. I don’t remember that being there before. Does everyone have this? (OOS btw)

2 Likes

The UFID has always been there.

We haven’t actually loaded our decisions yet for IT to pick up - trying to figure out what they were doing - Whether or not an email was received has NO impact on who will be admitted since we haven’t done that part yet.

8 Likes

So the gatorlink email is an accidental early acceptance notification?! DS got that this morning (or last night, not sure) – yay!

1 Like

Oh, okay.

1 Like

If you figure it out and can share, would appreciate it. My student did not receive one, but the boyfriend and another friend did and it is causing massive anxiety.

2 Likes

oh no :frowning: thank you for the info

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble - we don’t even email decisions to keep this kind of thing from happening. The thought someone got an admitted email and is going to be denied in 2 weeks is the most awful feeling for us - I can’t even imagine for this group of seniors.

4 Likes

For those who got the email, where does the gator link take you to?

What time UF send mail to their applicants? As I got FSU mail at mid night though.

1 Like

Does the UF email say welcome to the university or anything like that? Or just a link to set up account?

So the email my son received is this morning with the gator link does this mean he was not accepted? I am trying to understand what this means or just a mistake

1 Like

Received 2 emails from UF this morning.
First Email - “Welcome to Florida” with UFID - UFID in email matches UFID in application site
Second Email - “You have become eligible for a GatorLink account with the University of Florida” included a one-time use code.

1 Like

My son received on from OOS. Think it is an early acceptance.

1 Like

has anybody who got the email applied to uf honors? or just uf regular

Based on previous emails from other colleges these type of emails would flow after a notification of acceptance to the student. Either IT jumped the gun on this one or this would be a massive bad look to UF to send out Welcome to UF emails that were not genuine.

I got the two emails at 10:40am this morning