University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

Preview/Orientation, yes there is typically at least one guardian there. They are split for a decent bit of the day and given specific information in sessions

Thank you so much!

We just got word that my son got the Grandparent tuition waiver – yay! He had gotten an out-of-state “distinguished scholars waiver”, but that was worth a lot less, so they took that back and replaced with grandparent waiver. It came by way of an email to my son.

3 Likes

And for anyone still hoping to get one off the waitlist, we submitted sometime between Nov 8 and Nov 11 – there are a couple of emails and it’s not clear when his place in line was actually secured.

I can’t seem to find when freshmen move in date is. Does anyone have that date? Thanks.

They’ll send you an email prior to sign up for dates. Probably won’t know anything before July. The move in last year started 5 days prior start of classes.

Does anyone have suggested storage unit spaces in or around Gainesville? Or is there a separate UF parents group? I didn’t see one.

Buy the season tickets. Any student ticket (season or single game) gets the students assigned to “a” seat in the student section, but the same seat isn’t assigned every game. It’s also a bit easier to get assigned to a group of seats with friends.

Season tickets also allow the student to purchase tickets to the Florida-Georgia game in Jacksonville (90+ minute drive). You can also buy guest tickets for friends and family and have them sit in the student section (as a Parent, it’s something of an experience
).

Student season tickets tend to sell out in August.

LOL. The chair backs are better

I’m looking forward to them actually putting in decent chair backs.

You apparently can’t get the tickets until you register for classes at Preview – the system won’t let you buy before you’ve registered for a minimum number of credits. We tried, and that’s what we learned
but after Preview!

1 Like

Has anyone gone through the advisement process on credits accepted from AP and College in High School/Dual Credit? We have orientation in a few weeks but wanted to get a (hopeful) heads up on whether UF is pretty good about accepting credits. Thanks!

https://catalog.ufl.edu/UGRD/academic-advising/exam-credit/#examstext

Just posed the AP Credit list from the UF website so hopefully that will answer your question!

Thank you so much. Looks like we’ll need to come with information on her dual enrollment classes during orientation to see what they’ll take.