University of Maryland College Park (UMD) Early Action for Fall 2023

I would recommend reading my lengthy post from last night. Discusses the likelihood of a number CS applicants getting into Letters & Sciences and Carillon Community.

1 Like

In March.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

My D23 got accepted into Bioengineering Scholars program. 4.0/4.8/1430

3 Likes

What is carillon community

Damn.

Didn’t get in…but thats OK. it’s not meant to be.
Sending best wished and congrats to all!!

Go Terps!

6 Likes

Spring admitted Jan 2024. 1480 SAT. 4.0 GPA OOS - economics. Not sure what to do

1 Like

Does anyone know if a student has to participate in the Carillon Community? Is that participation a condition of their admission?

2 Likes

My daughter was Denied
OOS
3.85 gpa, TO
Rigorous HS, very good EC’s but no hook
We knew it was a stretch and was it not her first choice so she is good.

1 Like

can anyone shed any light on the difference between College Park Scholars and Carillon Communities?

2 Likes

Admitted
OOS - VA
Mechanical Engineering
3.99/4.33
1510 SAT submitted
Eagle Scout, Varsity sports, Engr internship and lots of others.
AP Physics 2 and AP Calc BC are highest math and science - lots of other APs

2 Likes

Accepted
OOS
Computer Science
Bay Area, California
UW 3.95
SAT 1580
12 APs all 5s
NMSF

3 Likes

We are actually aware of a Spring Admit last year who appealed and was able to get in for the fall. Evidently the school’s college counselor made some calls. However, this is the exception to their standard policy.

1 Like

It means he was admitted to college of letters and sciences but not to CS.

2 Likes

Denied
Applied for MechE w/ Economics second choice
1440 SAT OOS (MA)
top 10% school ranking but school doesn’t rank
3.79 UW/4.15 W
10+ extracurriculars; music programs, research paper, job, 4+ clubs, and leadership positions

I’m confused about what Carrilon is. I see it’s a LLP but is it for all majors or only computer science? My daughter got accepted to Carrilon but there’s no mention in his letter about Computer Science. Thank you!

2 Likes

I believe they all say that, my DD23 was accepted and her email said:

Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Maryland (UMD). The Admission Committee has carefully reviewed your application and a decision is now available within your [Terps Application Portal]. After logging in, select the View Your Decision Letter button for details.

1 Like

same; the email said “thank you for your continued interest” and i got in. i don’t think it indicates anything

4 Likes

Look all the way at the bottom of the letter.

1 Like

My daughter’s email also said “Thank you for your continued interest…”, and she was accepted. Go ahead, click, and read your decision letter!

1 Like