University of Maryland College Park (UMD) Early Action for Fall 2023

Curious about stats?

2 Likes

my daughter was admitted to
this and shes exercise science

Son got Letters & Sciences. Interested in CS. can he appeal?

my son is same camp. Spring admitted. 33 ACT. 4.0 GPA, 10 APs. ??? new to this but wonder why they just don’t defer or reject?

should have added OOS (CT) applied to business

1 Like

The Carillon Community LEP is definitely for all majors and has a pretty diverse selection of students in the program. However, they do also seem to have a lot of CS applicants in the program which is not that unexpected since their are so many CS students. I believe that Honors & Scholars make more of a concerted effort to keep the number of CS students lower to better diversify their group- and they can more easily do this since they review applications before Carillon.

2 Likes

He just has to take the gateway classes and keep a min gpa and will could get in.

3 Likes

D23 got in. CS and College Park Scholars

5 Likes

Accepted
In State
No CS but offered Carillon
UW 3.96
SAT 1440
lots of AP classes, 4s and 3s
no real CS experience so was expected
super happy though!!!

4 Likes

my son was admitted to the Robert Smith School of Business.

OOS
34 ACT
3.8 GPA out of 4.0
Some honors.

Also invited to Carillon Communities. Does anyone know what that means?

4 Likes

Your son will take the exact same classes as those students directly admitted. The only difference is he will need to maintain a higher overall GPA (2.7) to get into the program. Take this into account when registering for any Gen Ed classes freshman year- he will want to take classes/professors that tend to give out a lot of A’s and B’s. Planet Terp website is useful to see past grades.

1 Like

Accepted
In State - Private
Honors College - Clark Engineering
4.0/4.76
APs (8) no fluff APs.
1590 SAT submitted.
EC, robotics, investment society, meals on wheels
busboy job and lots of hours volunteering.
National Merit Semi Finalist

3 Likes

Spring admits can enter in the Fall via Freshman Connection in many cases.

Thank you! Just read your post about not getting admitted directly to CS. Answers all my questions.

1 Like

Accepted OOS (MA)
Fall
Classics
CP Scholars
3.89 UW 6.09 W
4 AP(out of 16 APs) the rest honors
Top 25% of class
Pretty good ECs, not great supplementals, but a strong personal essay and letters of rec

2 Likes

Your child is still admitted to UMD. Did the email mention Freshman Connection - this is where Spring admits enroll and live on campus and take classes in the fall. For the first semester their classes are in the evening.

Still haven’t received an email for the decision even though application was submitted on Oct 31

The UMD reddit Forum has the following thread which has answers to many Admissions questions

https://www.reddit.com/r/UMD/comments/10my13b/2023_applicant_and_admitted_student_megathread/

Thank you. I got it.

Do you have access to the portal?

1 Like