University of Maryland College Park (UMD) Early Action for Fall 2023

That’s what I thought. It was that way when our older child attended 7 years ago. I think the scholarship info (President’s Scholarship for that child) came a few weeks after the acceptance. I expect they either mixed up the colleges or someone got carried away with the competition in the college process.

4 Likes

Please excuse my ignorance - my son got accepted on Friday to Aerospace Engineering - no Honors College.
The final price received from Net price calculator is double than FAFSA, therefore no way for us to pay.

When are we going to find out if he got any kind of financial help ? Is it going to come via email ?

1 Like

You should hear about it by March 1.

2 Likes

How are we going to “hear” about it ? Via email ?

I would guess so. My D graduated in 2018 and things may have changed since then. It should show up on your UMD portal when it comes out. You will see people posting about it, on here, when it happens.

1 Like

My child was admitted EA to UMd but we (parents) have not received any email. When was this email sent to parents?

I received an email yesterday - but it did mention that I was receiving message bc the student had given permission for them to contact me, so I suspect my kid must’ve included my email address in their application somewhere.

1 Like

So that IG group is also run by an unknown source and is public. Each year I have concerns about it because students post pictures and LOTS of identifying information about themselves without any idea who is looking, taking notes, or using the information for nefarious purposes. Please caution your children about how much they share.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll tell her.

You are correct - the prospective just requires some info showing you’re at the right school and the right time. Once June rolls around, the group will roll forward to the Class of 2028 and any and all information pertaining to the current classes will be in the group for parents of enrolled students.

I would find that highly unlikely.

I think last year was a total of 56,000 applications.

Yes 56k total (as per campus counts), but EA appears to have been 55k because that’s the number they mentioned in their email to parents of EA admitted students.

1 Like

Daughter accepted on freshman connection. Any chance will receive scholarship?

In your experience have you seen any trends or have any ideas or indications of how merit is determined for oos. I see B/K can possibly b linked to honors but we didn’t get honors and r wondering if we have any shot.

All students admitted to the Honors College will be considered for B/K, but only about 400 will be offered the interview. They have to go through the interview to receive either a partial or full award. Of those, usually around 150ish will enroll.

Others scholarships are available to all EA fall admits. (I do not think FC is a subset of that.)

My daughter’s friend was offered the BK scholarship last year but passed on it to go to a private college. In those cases, do they offer the scholarship to someone else?

No. They take yield into account. As @MzJCricket mentioned, 400 B/K offers each year, about 150 will enroll.

I have seen OOS students get the Maximum Presidents Scholarship, but UMD is not overly generous with scholarships

I see the web site says 2,000- 12,500 …is that about the range u have heard.? Anyone hear of amt of scholarship Marylad gives besides the B/K. And ik we’ll know soon enough but the waiting is not my strong suit this time around.