University of Maryland College Park (UMD) Early Action for Fall 2023

Yes, that’s the range for non-B/K scholarships. But remember, they don’t give out many.

Thank you yes

That is the actual range for the Presidents Scholarships at UMD. There are Deans Scholarships. for lower amounts, but these are limited to In-State Students. Some Departments offer smaller (about $1K) scholarships.

3 Likes

As per the 2021 CDS (2022 isn’t out yet)…

962 students were awarded non-need based scholarships, and the average amount was $7,017.

3 Likes

Do you by chance know if that is 962 enrolled students?

Yes I believe it’s enrolled students. Based on the 2021 enrollment yield of 23% (and assuming the yield is the same for those who received merit - it likely is higher in reality), 4,156 applicants might have been offered some amount of merit aid.

1 Like

Called the admissions, and they said “Still being reviewed” …

Its weird… Actually, my son might just withdraw the application as he already got into GaTech and UMich.

2 Likes

My husband loved Umich- I don’t know anyone who went there and didn’t love it. Very strong school pride- however it is the most expensive public school in the country I believe.

1 Like

From what I understand, about 20% of ACCEPTED students will receive some sort of scholarship. They accept around 20K -give or take - each year.

The President’s Scholarship our child received 7 years ago was roughly equal to full tuition for four years. We only had to pay living expenses, fees, books, etc.

3 Likes

It only works that way for in-state applicants. The maximum OOS Presidential Scholarship is $12,500 and OOS tuition far exceeds that amount.

3 Likes

Invites to B/K should be coming out this or next week ?

My child is a presidential scholar and he receives $5K from that. In addition, they are a National Merit Finalist and he also receives an additional 2K for that. It totals 7K in merit per year.

1 Like

For all those invited to College Park Scholars…

What can College Park Scholars do for you? Find out at our online info session Thursday, Feb. 2, from 7 to 8 p.m. EST. All HS seniors newly invited to Scholars, and their families, are invited to attend.

https://twitter.com/um_scholars/status/1620422815697735683?s=46&t=KEFM1qRka-PUso0JFWvjfg

1 Like

Another quick question about merit - is there a breakdown of in-state v. OOS recipient numbers? Also, I’m curious whether in-state students typically receive merit on the lower side of the range (i.e. if the range is $4-12,500, do in-state students receive $4-$8K v. higher ranges are offered to OOS students).

2 Likes

Same for my son 4 years ago. But he didn’t end up choosing UMD

2 Likes

S23 OOS was admitted to the Smith School for Finance and invited to the Carillion Communities. No merit offer. Do not know much about Carillon but will search this thread and elsewhere.

1 Like

Sorry, I haven’t seen any such data.

1 Like

Merit is released separately from decision letter. UMD has stated merit notifications will go out by March 1

1 Like

Reposting my old message for the benefit of admitted students and parents…

10 Likes