University of Maryland College Park (UMD) Early Action for Fall 2023

Statement of intent to register - all the CA schools use that term

Ok, I see. Thank you.

1 Like

An interesting article regarding fees

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/paying-for-college/articles/college-fees-that-may-surprise-you

Oh my goodness!

It won’t.

1 Like

Thanks. I told her she should take it as a healthy challenge and make the best of her college experience.

Does having early orientation ensures good classes and times. My D got in July second week, as those were the only times available. She was saying it says in website that early orientation means access to good classes and times. Now one more thing to feel concerned. Can we do anything to get dates in June? My D has emailed them has not received any response yet.

UMD saves seats in classes for all the orientation sessions. More seats open up in Testudo as the summer goes along.

My son will be at the same orientation, they filled up quickly. I’ve heard both that it’s harder to get the classes you want and that UMD more spaces. I don’t think she will be able to move her orientation earlier.

I think it’s allows tough anywhere for a 1st semester freshman to get the classes they need, UMD doesn’t seem to have a problem with 4 year graduation rates, so they must get them eventually. And my other hope is that if my son can’t get what he wants, he may discover he really enjoys something he had no idea would interest him.

You can use the following link to see what classes are currently available for Fall 2023

https://app.testudo.umd.edu/soc/

Use the link I sent to @swan1 to see currently available FALL 2023 cllasses

1 Like

Yes, we needed in June. As my D believes she will have good choice and time for her classes as they list in their website.

1 Like

Thanks. Will share with her. Her orientation page stated if you don’t get early orientation you may not get to pick.

Does this mean she can pick classes before orientation, from this list? Sorry if this sounds ignorant!

A good question, but no you cannot pick classes before orientation.

The SOC just lets you see what is available for planning purposes.

Beginning at the start of a Freshman’s second semester, Class Registration Priority is based on the number of credits that a student has.

This includes credit gained via AP Test scores.

1 Like

Well that would help her. As she has total of 16 APs. Hoping she would get good scores in senior AP exams. Something to be happy!
I would be really disappointed if my D couldn’t graduate on time because she couldn’t get classes she needed! UMD is very expensive for us. Like all loving parents we wanted her to go to school she liked.

I do not think that will be a problem for a student who stays on top of her classes and does some planning.

1 Like

Indeed! Let’s see.

Just an FYI

July 1, 2023: Recreational marijuana will become legal in Maryland. Adults ages 21 and older will be able to legally possess up to 1.5 ounces of cannabis. The possession of up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana will no longer levy a criminal charge.