University of miami chance me

<p>I am currently a sophomore in High School. I have always wanted to attend UM! I would really appreciate if you looked at my current grades and give me tips on how to accomplish this goal. I am aware that my chance so far is very slim but please bare with me.</p>

<p>MY GRANDFATHER WENT HERE SO I AM A LEGACY </p>

<p>Freshman Year- Ranked Private high school (they did not weigh GPA)
GPA- 3.0
Sports- JV soccer
Clubs- Invisible children, latin america club, jewish student club, biology club, geometry club</p>

<p>TRANSFERRED SCHOOLS</p>

<p>Sophomore Year Public school (3 honors classes)
1st semester GPA - 3.93w 3.3 uw
Sports- JV Lacrosse
Clubs- Jewish Student Union (vice president)</p>

<p>SCHEDULE FOR JUNIOR YEAR (taking 3 AP courses and 2 honors)</p>

<p>I am taking tutoring all summer (going into Junior year) for the ACT. Junioir and senior year I will continue to take challenging courses. </p>

<p>What are my chances so far of getting accepted?</p>

<p>What can I do to increase my chances? </p>

<p>Do colleges look at freshman year? If they do will they be able to see how I went to a ranked private high school that didn't offer weigh GPA's?</p>

<p>What ACT score should I strive to get?</p>

<p>Right now, your chances are pretty slim. Legacy helps a little bit, but not enough to overcome your low GPA. Definitely strive to bring that up in your Junior year. Try to aim for the highest ACT you can possibly get; take it 2 or 3 times to bring your superscore up if you don’t do so well the first time.</p>

<p>legacy won’t help</p>

<p>I wouldn’t say legacy won’t help at all… Legacy does help, especially in borderline cases. If granddad’s grandson gets into his alma mater, granddad’s more likely to contribute more money to the university. That’s only one example of how legacy can help you.</p>

<p>Honestly keep up the good effort and make sure you do a lot of EC. i got in…shouldnt have and even got a scholarship!!! you never know!!! colleges are looking more for just a 4.0 trust me! i can tell you from my own personal experience</p>