University of Miami Class of 2027 Official Thread

thank you so much for your help!

Does anyone know from a good source if RD is coming out 3/17 or 3/18 ; I have heard both on this thread. Thank you !!

1 Like

i donā€™t think we know

Last year it was on Friday 3/18 after 4pm, so people are assuming it could be tomorrow if UM sticks with Friday. However, another person on this thread mentioned that their counselor told them it would be 3/18. Either way, we donā€™t have to wait too much longer if this is the case. Letā€™s hope it happens and doesnā€™t push to next week or end of the month.

4 Likes

So are we thinking it may be out today?

I would think tonight is more likely than tomorrow. Maybe thereā€™s some (?) but Iā€™ve not heard of a school doing their major release on a Saturday.

2 Likes

do we think it will be this afternoon? anyone know about timing?

Decisions are out!

2 Likes

Got in for spring after ed1 deferral

3 Likes

Waitlisted

2 Likes

DD, deferred EA, waitlisted.

Deferred EA, now waitlisted. Moving on to one of the acceptances. This was only non-acceptance she had from 11 schools. Wasnā€™t meant to be.

2 Likes

Also deferred EA, waitlisted.

2 Likes

**This year has been a rollercoaster and have no idea what Miami is looking for waitlisted after being deferred EA. Not sure what Miami is looking for 13 APS 5ā€™s and one 4, 35 ACT, 4.0 Unweighted 4.7 weighted tons of EC, Internships, President and founder of clubs at school, Lots of Community service , Cancer research, Fundraising with the Boston Red Sox. All I can say as a parent is that I have no idea what is missing ? Just not what Miami was looking for. Accepted into the top 5 public college with a scholarship and another state school as a finalist as a presidential scholar. Itā€™s been an interesting college application year. I wish the best of luck to everyone at that got in!!

3 Likes

Deferred EA, waitlisted now

2 Likes

Same here! Deferred and waitlisted. 4.6 gpa 36 act number two in his classā€¦ what else do they want? Heā€™s in several top schools with scholarships so oh well! At least he wonā€™t have to worry about the housing issues at Miami!

3 Likes

Waitlisted.

My daughter thinks everyone got waitlisted with no denials. Does anyone know if that is true?

2 Likes

Nor sure about everyone, but according the the CDS, they waitlisted over 20K last year. :smirk:

2 Likes

Pretty obvious yield protection. U Miami yield is 17-22% from CDS. Rank is 55 US News

3 Likes