University of Miami Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

i was able to visit over the summer and I loved it there! formed a really good bond with my tour guide actually and we’re still in contact today. I’m from MA, so I think I’m naturally drawn to the gorgeous campus there and all the amenities. Plus, the Hurricanettes team is so good! If I attend, I’ll definitely try out; all their dancers are so good and UM always has the best game-day outfits :smiley:

1 Like

Applying ED doesn’t make an uncompetitive candidate competitive. You still have to be within UM’s target range (which changes from year to year). But if you’re within their target range, applying ED will significantly boost your odds of getting in at UM.

2 Likes

Accepted oos too similar stats (11 AP’s/DE) and National Recognition also but got 22k Pres Scholarship. Was really hoping for the max 32K then it would have been a done deal. Now its withn a few thousand of DD’s U Mich offer.

1 Like

Very cool. My D is trying out for the dance team if she is accepted. We are originally from the northeast…been here for 8 years…the idea of returning to the cold is not very appealing to my D. Although since she was 5 she has always said she was going to college in NYC because of all her dance experiences there. However post Covid she did not even apply anywhere in NYC. You 2 should definitely connect if you both end up going to UM!!

In regards to the question about how many students apply to UM ED, the most recent publicly available data is from the Common Dataset for the UM freshman class of 2021-2022 (so kids that graduated high school in 2021). In that year, 1,511 kids applied ED. That total includes ED1 and ED2. Of those applicants, 978 were admitted (an admission rate of roughly 64%).

I know that sounds like a very high admission rate, and it is, but a few caveats are really important. First, all of the athletes are admitted via ED. So that is likely at least 100 of the admits (and probably more than that). Second, you get a disproportionate number of highly qualified legacies and full pay students in the ED pools. Third and most importantly, the ED pools at highly selective schools contain a more highly qualified applicant pool (on average) than EA and RD. So yes, the acceptance rate is much higher, but the quality of the pool is much higher.

3 Likes

Hi. Is there anyone that had missing financial aid items and has received their financial aid package? Were your items waived?

No i didn’t ask for aid

Anyone know what time tomorrow decisions will come? 4PM?

1 Like

I got the same letter but did not got any aid

2 Likes

Good luck to everyone hearing back today!

2 Likes

Hi I was wondering if Early Decision 2 comes out today for sure ?

U Miami ED II decisions are out now.

Deferred

Son was accepted EDII to film school.

5 Likes

So he did what i could not :sob: GPA?

1 Like

4.2 GPA
1280 SAT
7 AP 4 DE
Had a solid creative portfolio
Waiting for FA…

1 Like

uMiami doesn’t require a portfolio…

2 Likes

Some programs do! Depending on your major

2 Likes

He applied motion pictures?

Should we write a letter of continued interest if we get deferred? If so, how do we approach the situation?