University of Miami Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

SHE GOT IN!!! With presidential scholarship.

7 Likes

He sent one anyway. I think it made a difference.

1 Like

Bro what :sob: I asked and they said no

1 Like

My daughter got in for the spring semester. Does anyone have any info. on that?

Also deferred. My son said there is a form to fill out and submit.

1 Like

To help others make decisions next year if deferred. My daughter was deferred EA and switched into EDII. She was admitted for fall and received scholarships to get to EFC. So EDII does NOT mean they will only accept you full pay.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s yield protection, again.

My son got the same thing. I didnā€™t know this was even an option

1 Like

LOL I just joined the univ of Miami 2024 spring admit Facebook group to learn more.

2 Likes

Is that the exact wording of the groups name on Facebook? I canā€™t seem to find it when I search

Itā€™s called University of Miami 2024 Spring! (the name includes the exclamation point LOL). Iā€™m waiting to be accepted to it but now Iā€™m wondering if it meant class of 2024?

2 Likes

Definitely write a LOCI, it can do nothing but help your application at this point. plus, itā€™s an opportunity to add any promising information to your application and update your admissions officer

1 Like

I just set up a new group. Letā€™s see if anyone joins! University of Miami Spring 2024 Admits | Facebook

1 Like

Yes I agree

3 Likes

Comes with acceptance

1 Like

Thank you! I did find out music merit comes after (March-April) in case anyone else has a music student!

5 Likes

are we still thinking 4/1 for Regular Decision?

So my kid never picked withdraw application or move to ED II after they got deferred. Will Miami automatically take them out of consideration?

If you were deferred:
When your school sent your Mid Year transcripts, did it appear on your portal as received, with a date? Iā€™m concerned that my DSā€™s portal doesnā€™t show it on the checklist.

Canā€™t speak specific to EDII but DS was deferred from EA to RD and you had to check and submit an acknowledgement to proceed into RD. If you didnā€™t there was a date by which you would have been automatically closed out (seem to recall it might have been a couple of weeks).

What does your kid see when they log into their portal?

1 Like