University of Miami Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

My daughter received her ED acceptance today. Good luck to everyone who got deferred.

4 Likes

stats?

Applied for communications/public advocacy track. Attends a top ranked private all girls school in a blue state. Ballet dancer who dances over 25 hours per week. Attended highly selective summer ballet programs. Foreign language - chinese. No test score submitted. Lots of volunteer service in the arts. 3.7 UW/ 3.9 W

Received presidential scholar $25k/yr ($100k).

4 Likes

Congrats!!! Was the merit award detail in the decision letter?

2 Likes

Yes, merit info was included in acceptance email.

3 Likes

Anyone happen to know if you are still considered for merit if it wasn’t in your ED decision letter? Thought I saw on the UM website somewhere that awards would come out late Jan. So excited to go but of course hoping I still have a chance for a little merit (every other school I got in was offering something):crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Anyone else deffered Ed1?

My daughter was just deferred ED1. Several other posts about Miami ED1 deferrals on other threads.

ED 1 decisions are out. My daughter got deferred, good luck everyone. Such a stressful time.

My daughter was also deferred.
Best of luck to those still waiting to hear.

I replied on the other post as well but my daughter was deferred until regular decision also.

I’m deferred

1 Like

I’m deferred

does anyone know when transfer decisions come out? I was hoping I would get an update with ED1 but I never got any updates… did any other transfers get an update?

Deferred here as well. I suspect no one actually gets a rejection letter from ED. Has anyone heard of an actual rejection?

Anyone know when Miami EA decisions will be released?

1 Like

It’s been very end of January to early February for UM EA.

1 Like

My daughter was accepted ED and I am also wondering if there’s still a chance for merit money. I have read at least one post somewhere else that merit was included in the acceptance letter.

4 Likes

As I recall UM puts merit directly in the admissions letter. I am recall the people being considered for things like premiere or stamps etc scholarships are written to provide more information. As an fyi my children do not attend though both applied in their years. We would not receive merit as my husband is on med school faculty and receive it as a benefit. I simply remember their friends getting the merit offers at the time of admission.

6 Likes

Last year in January 28

3 Likes