University of Miami Fall 2022 Transfer Applicants

Hi, is anyone planning on applying to transfer to UM for the Fall 2022 semester? Can you please share current college stats and major?

1 Like

Hi! I just applied today for Fall 2022. I’ll post all my stats below.

HS GPA: Not very good, but since I have over 60 credits, so I don’t think they need HS transcript.
Current College: A Ny community college
Current College GPA: 3.85. I do have an associates with distinction and presidents list.
Intended Major: Real Estate. I also selected on the application to be considered for Global Business Co-Major.
Hooks: Talked about how I identify with the lgbtq+ community, and could bring my experiences to the UMiami community. Idk if that’s a hook lol.
Essays: I would say my essay is pretty good.
ECs: Chief Officer of Alpha Beta Gamma(Business Honor Society). Member of Accounting Club. Also work 25 hours a week.
Letters of Recommendation: Didn’t submit one.

1 Like

Thanks awesome! Thanks so much! By any chance, did you calculate your gpa the way UM does? Apparently they average out the grades of any repeated courses. For example, my community college GPA is a 3.6, but a few years ago I failed about two classes unfortunately. I retook those classes and passed with an A. Considering all earned grades, my UM GPA is technically a 3.0, even though my transcripts say 3.6.

What is the global business co-major? I selected “no” on my application because I was not familiar on what that was.

Yeah I just did. My UM gpa is a 3.7 since I failed one class and re took it.

1 Like

It is kinda like an international business major. You learn about different countries economies and their culture. You complete an internship and a learning experience abroad. I thought it sounded pretty interesting.

1 Like

That’s awesome!! If I’m admitted, I will consider that as well.

Thank you for sharing! I hope we both get admitted !

Calculus 1 is a requirement for direct entrance into the business school. Have you taken that course already?

Yeah I took calc 1 this past fall and got an A.

I am currently taking it now but the final grade isn’t until the end of April.

1 Like

Did you submit a letter of recommendation?

I just got this email. My application had all files turned in yesterday; review started this morning, I got this around 3-4 hours after being notified my app. was ready for review. Is this good or bad news?

“Thank you for applying to the University of Miami. Your application is in review with our Transfer Admission Committee. In order to make an admission decision, we would like to review your final spring transcript for the courses in which you are currently enrolled. We understand this will delay your admission decision, however, this will allow us to make the most informed admission decision possible.”

How many credits do you have, that could be why. Also,what’s your major?

1 Like

Yes I did. I received a letter of recommendation from a professor.

What classes are you currently enrolled for this semester? And how many credits have you completed so far? Also, what major did you apply for? These could all be factors and that must be why your final transcript is important. I don’t think it is a bad thing, I believe they would just like more information from your transcript.

Have any of you emailed the school to ask any general questions ? Or to ask when should we expect an admission decision ?

I haven’t yet. All I know is I got an email from an admissions counselor that my application is under review. Do you know how long decisions take?

Apparently we won’t know until after April 1st since April 1 is priority deadline. I’m just not sure exactly around when should we expect a decision

I think end of April. They might release decisions earlier for people who applied on or before April 1st. I’ll check discussions from prior years to see if I can get an exact date.