University of Miami Transfer Fall 2021

i think it’s better academically, and if you are going to lose money via a deposit from waiting around for um then i think just go there. it’s just taking so long i’m so annoyed i don’t understand what’s taking so long

I’d deposit at tufts to hold your place and see what happens with UMiami. You could ask Tufts for an extension? Or perhaps ask if they’d waive the deposit requirement?

You’ve waited this long. June is literally next Tuesday. The 2 schools are very different in so many ways. Take this time to think about which is the better choice for you.

i just called and they told me my application is being reviewed still. it’s been being ‘reviewed’ for 3 weeks now and they said i will probably. hear back in 2 weeks. this is absolutely ridiculous, i applied before the priority deadline and i don’t understand why it takes a month for them to look over my application and decide whether or not to accept me. it’s just upsetting and i don’t know what to do

The transfer process has been pretty abysmal this cycle. I think a lot of schools are dealing with full/over enrollment in their freshman class as well as uncertainty with the junior class numbers as far as study abroad. Those factors among others may be affecting their transfer numbers and if UMiami is waiting to hear from previously accepted transfer students (who may also be waiting on decisions) that has an affect on accepting more students if they’re focused on a target number for their transfer class.

Just frustrating all around but hopefully decisions will be released soon!

I applied a few days before you, but, I called they said I would hear before the end of the month…

Tufts is a play

You just called? When did you apply? I thought decisions would come out today, even though they told me they are not just releasing decisions every other Wednesday now.

Did you get an email yet? did anyone?

i applied on march 25th and my admissions counsellor told me 2 weeks ago that my application was being reviewed rn, so a decision would be reached in a few days and i would hear at the end of the month. i just don’t know what’s happening they keep telling me 2 weeks then 2 weeks later they say 2 weeks it’s so upsetting

Dang, so u called today and they said in 2 Wednesday from now you will hear?

yeah well she didn’t really specify but she said 2 weeks which is super irritating because it just seems that every 2 weeks they tell me another 2 weeks

Guess I am not hearing today. This is ridiculous

Has anybody found out?

A friend of mine just got accepted with a 3.2

damn

but that’s so annoying how are they not out yet. this is insane

what were their other stats

Miami ripped me off on financial aid so I can’t go. My FAFSA EFC was $12,000 but Miami gave me a EFC of $31,000. Even called and emailed and they were unprofessional/unhelpful. Person on phone “didn’t know” how to help me and just told me to take out a private loan and person on email told me to call the number that I already called. To even get an financial aid appeal I would have to pay the $500 deposit fee, accept the $3000 from federal loans (I was supposed to get $7500) and accept the work study. So basically if the appeal fails I wasted $500… I don’t think it’s worth the risk. Welp, guess im stuck with going to a low-ranked school.

Did you make an appointment to speak with a FA officer? The reason I ask is because the designated phone answerer on any given day may really know next to nothing.

My admission counselor said it takes approximately 6-8 weeks from the time your application is completed including all supporting documents to receive a decision. Also, that they are releasing decisions every 2 weeks on Wednesday evenings.