University of Miami vs. University of the Pacific

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p>So I got into University of Pacific on regular decision for Biological Sciences and got into Miami off the waitlist for Spring instead of Fall for Pre-Medicine. I plan to do Medicine but am having a hard time deciding which school to go as UOP is closer to home but University of Miami seems like a stronger school. Also, I don't know if it is worth going to Miami since i got into Spring. Thanks for your advice!</p>

<p>Pretty big difference in ranking and admissions standards. UM has the win there. Going to med school you might want to pick UM for the better reputation.</p>

<p>But Spring admission is a huge downside. Perhaps attend Fall semester at UP, see how you like it, and then decide? Can you do that? By when do you have to let them know of your intention to enter in the spring?</p>

<p>I have to let them know by June 22nd. I could go to UOP for a semester but then I feel like I would get accustomed to everything there and then I would have to move in the middle of the year and do it all over again. Academically, UM is a better school and they also have a medical school. I have also heard that they give preference to their undergrad students. I could go to a local JC for a semester as well and transfer but I am not sure if that is worth it. Thanks for your feedback!</p>

<p>If money isn’t an issue, I would definitely go with UM. It’s worth the wait for all the reasons you mentioned. My advice would be to either get some gen eds out of the way at CC in the fall or just work and save up some money for school. It will be a little tougher socially entering in the spring, but there are plenty who do, plus Greek recruitment for freshmen is in the spring now, so that is also an option to make friends when you first get there.</p>

<p>UOP is better, academically</p>

<p>Miami definitely has better academics than UOP…</p>