University of Miami

Has anyone had any luck negotiating academic scholarship amount with University of Miami?

Yes, contact admissions and they will allow you to fill out a form to appeal your scholarship. After completing the form they got back to me in about 7 days.

Hi they sent me somthing but it seemed to be based on finanical need, was this for merit? thanks so much

@Brycebixon Is the form to appeal your scholarship for finanical or merit aid?

@Okdarp merit scholarships/grants, not financial aid. However, you probably could also appeal financial aid

I have tried getting more merit and not one person i have spoken to mentioned the form. thanks

merit aid, thanks

My childs was for merit only, did you have any luck ?

I just negotiated and got 3k a year more. Have a good accomplishment you did after turning in your application that wasn’t on there (Girl scout golden award, Eagle scout ect) and a higher offer from a better-ranked program and you should get something. Send in the better aid letter too

@Brycebixon we still don’t have any scholarship info back from Miami Frost yet. Do you have a link to the form you speak of or can you please send the pdf via PM or otherwise?

You can call the admissions office directly and then speak with someone there. That’s what my dad did. I believe they will send you the form and respond quickly with either a no or a yes and the amount awarded.

Thank you, will you be attending in the fall?