Financial Aid

I am well versed in the financial aid process at Miami. Please send me any questions that you have.

Hi.

On my To Do List it still says I have to send in the Parent 2014 W-2 Form and the Signed Parent 2014 Tax Return.

I was wondering how I would go about sending this info to Miami? Would I fax it or scan/email or just send it through the mail?
Also will this stall my decision for acceptance in the university??

Very confused.
Thanks!

I don’t have a student W-2, I simply never received one. I work in the summer as a camp counselor, and received a very small salary. Will the fact I’m unable to turn in a student W-2 ruin my chance at getting Financial aid?

First, they want the 2015 information not the 2014. You can fax.or email to them. Call them for the fax number or email to ofas@miami.edu. reference you student ID number.

No.

@shahkha What they need is W-2’s and 2014 Tax returns from your parents. Email will work. No, it wont affect their admission decision. I called in so I know.

Under the “To Do List” section it says I have to submit the Parent 2014 W2, but due date says it was due 11/01/15. Is it to late to send? Also if i click financial aid it says under aid year description “inquiry acess denied.” What does that exactly mean?

No its not late. It means what it means. You do not have the access to that info yet.

@Rightofway123 I just got the canes merit achievement award for 14,000. I’m really grateful and was not expecting a scholarship at all, but my EFC is zero, so there’s no way I can afford the ramaining $52,000 a year. Is there need-based or other aid they give out that I haven’t heard about yet?

^^ Normally they do Add some Grants on top of Merit, but not sure they going to meet 100% need of each student.

They do add grants on top of Merritt awards. Complete the Fafsa and submitted to the school. You never now.

Cloe, miami can be very generous with aid. Complete the Fafsa and the css profile. You may qualify for other government grants and loans as well as certain cane grants. It is possible to cover most of your tuition, but not the room and.board.

@Rightofway123 Planning ahead for next year…do EA students generally get more merit aid and scholarships, everything else being equal? Is there any money left for RD students?

I have a question for OP, if he still monitors the thread.
I’m an international and received notification of a pilot need-based aid program. I sent all documents but there was no info on when a decision will be available. Any ideas?
PS: I wrote to the Financial Aid office but got no answer :confused: