Merit aid?

Hi all,

I was accepted today as an EA applicant, but I was wondering where I should go to see if I received any merit aid. When I go to the financial aid section on Canelink, it says “inquiry access denied” and when I click on accept/decline awards it says “award access not available.” I received $30,000 per year in merit aid from Tulane, so I was hoping I would receive something from U Miami. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Yes, I am. A lot of people have not recieved their merit aid yet, and are all qualified. I think they just havent gotten around to uploading everyones yet.

I’m hoping that’s the case as well. My son was admitted and has received generous packages from other schools but no merit letter yet.

My son was accepted for Fall 2018 yesterday but no merit aid letter. Canelink still says inquiry access de I spoke with a representative from the financial aid department today and sadly, he advised me that all merit aid letters should be in the message center by now.

33 ACT, 4.4W/3.95 UW 8 APs, honors classes, well-rounded extracurriculars and assuming good letters of rec. We never assumed anything but didn’t think he’d get completely shut out. Congratulations to all who received well-deserved merit aid.

@brutusmom This is unfortunate

I spoke with someone else who said that they can still be in the mail, even if they arent on canelink. It seems unlikely that all of us with high stats would not get a scholarship. I think we should wait and see our mailed letter before we decide.