University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Somewhere on one of these threads, I said Oxford would be at or near the bottom of my list of freshman dorms. But one parent spoke up and said their kid loved it. It’s small and off by itself. Fletcher is another that I personally don’t like, even though it’s right across the street from the IM.

OTOH, North Quad has an awesome location. Buffalo Wild Wings (big screen TV’s), CVS, Chipotle, M Den, Amers, Sava’s, etc. is right there along with a short one block to the entire downtown area. MoJo is fantastic too, but it’s on the Hill near Stockwell, Cousins and Alice Lloyd. Palmer Field is right outside your hall.

Students buying and trading is almost a right of passage at UMich. I remember someone in the student’s FB group, I think, offered $15,000 (about R&B) to move to Central Campus from North Campus my D’s freshman year.

1 Like

We put my son on the plan and it’s a good one with like $250 deductible. It changed to a blue cross plan. Cheaper then having him on ours. Something like $1200…I don’t remember but it wasn’t $2,000…

You will get lots of reminders for the insurance. Both to you and your son.

Apparently last year, there was no trading allowed. I don’t know what’s happening this year and some people (or kids) have called and have also been told no, but not sure if that’s really the case this year or not. Eventually it’ll all shake out.

All those Hill dorms I know freshman are being placed in, but I don’t know which are freshman or soph dorms. I just know North Quad is a definite upper class one where they’ve put freshman in this year and some others. I had no idea there were sophs in South Quad until recently either, but that’s also mixed. I think ultimately they will stick them wherever they can. A bunch of sophomores and even a junior parent said their kids are waiting for assignments. I assume these are transfers perhaps.

Lots of comments saying “Are there any engineers who want to trade with my kid and their roommate to live on North Campus”. I mean seriously! Anyone who wanted to live on North Campus had that choice on the housing app. It flat out asked if they wanted to live on North Campus. Yes or No. That was the only area they were given the option. Mine has to travel either way betwee the 2 at least first semester. 2 classes on Central and 2 on North. He’ll get around, find his spots and that’s it. So many kids don’t spend 24/7 in the dorms and definitely not this year hopefully. College is what you make of it and it’s so much more than living in a “certain” dorm.