University of Oregon Scholars Day Question

Wondering if anyone has gone to University of Oregon Scholars Day before. My daughter was invited. She has been accepted to the university with the summit scholarship and has applied to the honors college. Waiting to hear if she was accepted to the honors college. Did you feel it was valuable? Any chance of additional scholarship opportunities if she attends? We are out of state and would have to travel.

This is a good question for the admissions office. I can’t imagine that simply attending would provide more scholarships. Lots of kids will not be able to afford to attend, or have the time to do so. There is nothing on this page about getting additional scholarships simply by attending the event. https://admissions.uoregon.edu/scholars-recognition-day-0

1 Like

A friend’s daughter went and loved it. I think she had her Stamps interview that weekend. She was ultimately awarded a Stamps scholarship, but chose to attend an Ivy.

They are from the east coast, so it was a useful visit and she made a lot of good connections.

1 Like

My daughter also applied for the Stamps Scholarship…however we know it is a long shot that she would get to the interview phase.

My son also received an invite to the Scholars Recognition Day…we’d be coming from NH. I’m interested in hearing if it’s a worthwhile day as a re-visit (we first visited in April 2022).

We were planning on going. A friend of mine went with her daughter a few years ago and said it was worthwhile. Now my daughter has a Stamps Scholarship interview that weekend so we will definitely need to go.