University of Pennsylvania Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Not yet. Based on previous years and the Common Data Set(CDS), I expect decisions will be released next Thursday. Admissions will send an email and post the official release date/time in the portal. It shouldn’t be too much longer now!

2 Likes

If as an international student my financial aid status still shows only “submitted” with just a week to go before the decision announcements, should I assume I am being denied admission?

1 Like

ours still says submitted too - I asked this question as well in the thread and noone seems to know. The Fall 2022 ED thread talks about it

2 Likes

Check your portals!

The Penn Applicant Portal is closed until our Early Decision release on Thursday December 15th at 7 pm.

If you need to submit financial aid documents, you can do so here.

If you have questions, please reach out to applicants@admissions.upenn.edu

2 Likes

im literally terrified, i can cope with deferral but idk what im going to do if its a rejection

1 Like

Thank you for your application to the University of Pennsylvania. We will post admissions decisions on Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. ET. Your decision can be viewed by visiting the [Penn Applicant Portal

Financial aid documents can continue to be submitted using [this link]

Please refrain from submitting additional application documents for consideration at this time, as the application review process is now complete.

We have enjoyed getting to know you through this process.

Sincerely,
Penn Admissions

Portals are shut down til decision day…I guess after last year they decided to just shut it down

What happened last year??

I can’t cope with anythiing other than an acceptance lol

What time did you all receive the email about the Decision date?

like 4:12 PM PST

1 Like

Go to last year’s UPenn Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission thread. There was wild and rampant speculation right before decisions came out about FA portal changes and people claiming early access to PennKey (the security portal for members of the Penn community). Reddit also went nuts. Perhaps Penn is trying to to prevent a repeat of that.

2 Likes

LOL that’s insane. I went on my portal a lot too

I just read the thread. It would make sense that accepted people get access to the PennKey. Do you know if it ended up being true or not?

How do I know my PennKey?

For any one the financial documents date changed on 11/28 or 11/30 but still it is in submitted status?

Not sure, anyone in this thread has a status other than submitted?

No. Last year people who didn’t get access got in, and vice versa.

2 Likes

Meaning everyone’s status has remained “submitted”?

1 Like

You don’t get a PennKey until you are accepted and enroll.

5 Likes