University of Pennsylvania Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

That entering your email or SSN in some field showed your we being set up in IT for a PennKey and were therefore admitted? No, completely false.

it did not

No, those are QB admitted students.

3 Likes

Yes. did your status of FA documents changed in portal from “submitted” status to some thing else?
i am still having submitted status for all documents but the date against some of the documents updated to 11/28 and 11/30. It was showing 11/04 before.

1 Like

—> Transferring to Wharton school from Engineering

Can anyone provide some guidance on internal transfer to Wharton once got admitted to Upenn - School of engineering. SEAS?

i found the above URL on internal transfer but would like to hear from seniors who has much information on this. thanks.

My daughter is a sophomore at SEAS studying CS. I don’t think a ton of students transfer from SEAS to Wharton. They are more likely to do an uncoordinated dual degree.

Thanks for the Info. With in SEAS, if a student is initially admitted to one particular engg program, can the student take classes from other engg major and able to declare the new major later? or will it be considered like a transfer to another school with in Upenn, like Wharton school transfer?

No, it always just said “submitted.”

what about the date? is it changed recently?

I don’t know. I can’t look at it now and I didn’t pay attention.

Yes. My daughter switched from Bioengineering to CS.

1 Like

Transferring into Wharton is certainly an option, but it will take some careful planning and could be a daunting task for a first year who is adjusting to the rigor and pace of Penn (no syllabus weeks there!) while trying to satisfy other early requirements.

First, you must apply after your first year for sophomore year; Wharton does not accept junior transfers. In addition to demonstrating leadership and community engagement, you would also have to satisfy Wharton’s required course requirements.

Of course, you would need to balance the requirements of your own college with those of Wharton in the likely chance that you are not able to transfer; you wouldn’t want to completely abandon the path of study for which you were admitted. An uncoordinated dual degree or a minor is an option. My CAS kid is completing a minor in Wharton that complements her major. For now, it’s all just a fun mental exercise.

1 Like

FinAid and Admission are totally separate in Penn. You are not going to get any hint from FinAid on admission status.

1 Like

Hello, are you a current student at Upenn?

Thanks.
undergrad-inside.wharton.upenn.edu/dual-degree-wharton/

Since your daughter is in Sophomore year now, based on your exposure, how hard is it to get an above 3.4 GPA with engg school?

it seems like either to apply transfer to Wharton or consider dual degree, the minimum GPA in first year should above 3.3/3.4 along with other considerations.

2 Likes

Are you applying as a first-year admit? If so, why are you already talking about transferring programs? Did you not apply to your preferred school within Penn?

1 Like

I am not really sure how easy it is in general to get the required GPA. There are very difficult intro classes in SEAS that a lot of students struggle with. My daughter does have a high GPA but I am not sure where she falls in comparison to others.

Why are you already looking into transferring before decisions are even out?

my high school courses and clubs are more towards bio-med and medical related, so I applied for bio-engg. Just trying to find out what are the options in Upenn for a transfer. I know I have to think through this item only after I get the admission.

So you committed to the ED process of university that requires students to pick one of four undergraduate schools. You picked engineering because you thought you could build a persuasive narrative around that, but you really want business. You then proceeded with your ED application to the engineering program without researching or understanding the transfer, cross-registration, or double major possibilities that might permit you to study what you actually wish to study. Does that pretty much sum it up?

1 Like

to be honest, I am pretty much undecided at this time, what i will be pursuing. Initially i had interest in pre-med but by the end of the senior year I realized that is not my interest. I could be leaning towards either engineering or business. So, i applied for engineering at this time.

2 Likes