University of Pennsylvania Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Yeah, they’ll prob get in. USNCO nat finalist is pretty huge.

Mine was similar, sole author published research in top journal in the intersection between two niche fields. Patent. Talked about my interest in the intersection between the two niche fields. LOR from harvard prof who called me the most promising from PHD students. But you, me, and that USNCO kid are not the only overpowered applicants applying CAS ED, which is very concerning now. if I don’t get in ED it will be unfortunte

It all comes down to the essays now!

ig. Were your supplementals good. Mines were ok, but not standout lol. Also my common app, meh, not standout.

I can’t judge but I had an essay counselor do them with me. She loved them and my literature teacher liked them, too.

Yeah, for all applicants here, just because you ED’ed Penn CAS and have great ECs does not give you a good chance of acceptance. You are not the only one, trust me

3 Likes

I hope we all get in! Also, do you know if Penn counts MBA as legacy? Both my parents went to Wharton (they met there!) but I haven’t been able to get a conclusive answer on if that would even matter.

If you are not getting in, I’m not either lol. That’s all I know, since I’m just getting met with more and more surprises about Penn LOL. As far as I am concerned everyone applying to Penn ED CAS has a patent

1 Like

It does count for sure

1 Like

As far as I am concerned everyone applying to Penn ED CAS has a patent

Really? I though it was a pretty rare accomplishment :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

or something similar to a patent, isef finalist etc LOL. I’m definetly not getting in

2 Likes

Based on what data?

idk anymore. Im now convinced that all schools in penn have equal competition lol

1 Like

Wait I also did UChi EA :smiling_face_with_tear:. Does increase in ED mean less EA admits?

Same lol. IDK I hope not. But you are getting in before me, esp if your UChicago essays were good

We have p much the same ECs though (only slight variation in academics). My UChi essays were just ok. I’m hoping my common app essay will carry

Eh, your academics are really good and its really a matter of chance at this point

There is a lot of baseless speculation fueling anxiety on this thread. Breathe everyone, we’re less than a week away and you’ve all done everything you can at this point. Don’t spiral.

7 Likes

0 hope left lol. I think it is important that we work on RDs instead of waiting for Penn ATP

How far along are you? I’ve just done 3 schools. I have a WHOLE pile left. RIP me