University of Pittsburgh 2023

Hi,
I live in Boston, MA and my daughter summited EA for university of Pittsburgh BSN nursing. We got email saying they accepted her application. They will let us know about pricing on March 1st.

Can someone share about UPITT nursing pros vs cons.

2 Likes

@nursingcollege2me i live in Texas. We have friends (twin sisters) from our neighborhood who both graduated from Pitt Nursing. They absolutely loved Pitt, are successful nurses in Colorado now.

2 Likes

Direct admit is a big plus. Tons of medical opportunities on-campus. No or very little travel for clinicals. Highly ranked program.

I’m also assuming many direct flights from Boston.

Only drawback is OOS cost. Merit scholarships are ongoing and are done March 1st. Very competitive and has been moving to need based.

Pitt grad. Wife is a CRNA. Know several kids in the Nursing program.

1 Like

UPMC affiliated with Pitt is one of the top health care providers in the country. Not Mass General or Brigham & Women’s but not far off. If your daughter wants an urban type campus, Pitt is a great choice for direct admit nursing.

1 Like

My daughter is a Freshman at Pitt Nursing and absolutely is loving it. In addition to what has been posted she really likes her professors, has gotten involved in NSA, and is having way too much fun while keeping good grades.

2 Likes

Dd got acceptance in Nursing program in Upitt. OOS . no info on scholarships.

1 Like

As per letter they will inform March 1st about scholarships.