University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

@friendsgreenwich you said above you found that you were accepted in the document center. Which tab did you click on in the document center to see that? Everyone keeps talking about buttons, but sounds like you found it somewhere else.

1 Like

Sorry if I didn’t make it clear - the document center, where I found the letter, is completely separate from the portal where I found the buttons. The admissions office sends you an e-mail at some point with a link to access it.

1 Like

Oh so you mean with the acceptance email?

@friendsgreenwich ok. My daughter got an email last week with a link to access the documents center, but I don’t think she saw anything. I’ll have her look at it again tonight. Still no buttons on the mobile app though.

i dont know what buttons people are talking about

The acceptance email is the one that directly tells you that you are admitted while the email I mentioned simply gives the link to the Docs center which may or may not have the acceptance letter yet.

2 Likes

This is exactly what my D has too. Still no official acceptance email or regular mail. She clicked the hyperlink to the documents section in the email mentioned above and had the acceptance letter, dated 9/3 in a pdf doc there.

The buttons that folks are speaking of are in the PS portal. If you click on the left side of “admissions” just below there is a “accept/decline” line item. If you tap that and see on the main page “there are no pending applications at this time” it means your app is under review. If you see two blue square buttons/icons in the center of the page that say accept and decline that historically has meant your acceptance is coming. Hope that helps.

4 Likes

I would love to see stats of those who are getting accepted when they start rolling in. As I stated above, my daughter submitted her application on 8/20. She is starting to have some anxiety that her stats aren’t good enough, but I disagree. What are your thoughts?

OOS-IL
Class Rank: 5/350
GPA: 3.87 UW/4.6 W
ACT: 30 (she’s worried that this is not good enough for Honors college)
All Honors and AP classes
Vice-President Future Business Leaders of America
Secretary National Honor Society
2 jobs
Teen Court Volunteer
Rowing Crew
Many other EC’s

GPA and rank are solid. Her ACT score is within the 50% range. I’d say on the lower side for Honors. When did she submit test score/transcript/SRAR? I called admissions yesterday and they say they don’t review applicant files until everything has been received.

Hello, my D22’s counselor just submitted her transcript today, so I hope she hears in 2 weeks. Everything else has been submitted. I’m cracking up about the buttons! My other D18 is at Pitt now, and I had forgotten about them! Good luck to all! What a fantastic school, H2P!!

Is @carachel2 the same person from 4 years ago??!

I know she submitted her application on 8/20 and requested her ACT score be sent that day as well. I’m not quite sure about her SRAR, but guessing a day or two after 8/20. She sent a resume a few days later. She’s says everything has been submitted, but she applied for the Honors College and automatic admittance to the pre-med program. I’m guessing that’s why it’s taking awhile for her to hear back. I think the 30 ACT score is what worries her. She debated if she should send it or not, but she did. Everything else on her application puts her in a good position. I guess we wait to see what happens. Pitt is her top pick, so she will be devastated if she doesn’t get in there. As a parent I’m really looking forward to 8 months from now when all has been decided and the whole process is over. Good luck everyone!!! H2P

1 Like

Do you have access to Naviance or Scoir scattergrams from your D’s school? That is probably a better indicator of her admission probability than any admission data posted here of kids who attend other schools. Just from the stats, I’d say she has excellent chance of admission to Pitt, but I don’t know about GAP to med school or Honors. I think they are all separate admission processes.

2 Likes

When we click Academics in the Pitt Portal , my daughter’s SAT score is shown. It says High Math, High Verbal and High Total. I have no idea if this means anything or is just there by default.
I’d say your daughter has great chance of being admitted. And I think she did the right thing sending her score. It’s only recommended going test optional if score is under the 25% range and acceptance rate is low. Please come back and post if you hear anything soon!

2 Likes

@Newtothis4 - I see the same thing with my sat scores with a recalculated percentile too.
I also now see a campus ID number .

I applied 8/2, got psmobile credentials 8/10, common app downloaded 8/11, srar downloaded 8/16. Got email thanking for applying 8/17. Got Pitt Id on 8/20. Got email about document center 8/23.

Still waiting!
Uw 3.7
W 4.1
5 aps, all other honors
1380 sat (700 ewr, 680 math)
Pa resident
Strong essay and ECs

3 Likes

My daughter buttons just changed right now! I can see the two options of accept/decline.

6 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

My daughter has the buttons now, is the document center the same place where you can view the status of the application? She got an email from admission with her Pitt number after getting an email from Help Desk to activate account. Is the document center a third email? thanks!

2 Likes

Yes. I got an email titled “ How you’ll hear from the Admissions Committee” - that included a link to the document center.
They no longer send physical letters . Also says you’ll get an email when something is posted to the doc center

4 Likes

Oh ok! She didn’t get that email. We will wait until it’s official!

Timeline:
Applied 09/04 (SAT and SRAR completed before submitting application)
Application downloaded by college 09/06
Upitt ID email received 09/07
Accept/decline Buttons 09/10
Acceptance Email/Mail: Will update when received.

STATS:

SAT: 1440 (750 Math/690 Reading)
GPA: 4.0 UW
11 AP/9 honors
OOS

4 Likes

My daughter had her acceptance in the document center a day or two before we got the email that said documents have been loaded FYI. :slight_smile: She still has not received a congratulations email.

3 Likes