University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Did he apply to Computer Science, or something else? CS has been stingy, other programs have been giving more merit scholarships. It may not be in state vs OOS

I spent a lot of time looking for it too! I finally found the link in the email DS received after his application was complete. Good luck!

Any news on GAP medical?

My on has still not heard anything. Believe it will be sometime starting next week.

1 Like

That’s good to know, thank you. Did you hear that from admissions or read it somewhere? Admissions told me she would hear by 12/18 but didn’t mention if any invites had gone out or when they would. She applied closer to the deadline, may hurt her chances. Getting in could definitely halt any further applications going out so it will be nice to know.

I read it on one of the chat boards. In the prior years the earliest they started hearing from the department was starting 5th December.

1 Like

It said on my admit letter we would start hearing from December 15th, but the earlier the better! It might be later this time honestly with all the applications coming in. Any news about merit from anyone? It’s about to be two weeks since my acceptance and I’m getting scared…

I did not find anything on my sons admit letter regarding the dates other than saying that he was admitted to the premed program. My sons official acceptance date is 11/4. He has still not heard anything about the GMP

It’s been 4 weeks since my son was admitted, and still no word about merit. Nobody on here has made any mention of merit since 11/03 or 11/04, so I wouldn’t be too worried yet. It seems that they must have severely delayed the pace, or maybe even paused, the decisions on merit awards. If they have twice the number of applications they had at this time last year, I would imagine that the admissions office is quite overwhelmed at the moment.

3 Likes

Yes, same here. My son was admitted around 10/20 and no mention of merit or financial aid. He’s our second one (a year apart)and our D is only a freshman at a private college so we were really hoping for something!!

3 Likes

In state, son applied 10/30 but waited a couple of weeks to do SRAR. Application status on PS site is “Pending”, nothing listed in “To Do”. Does this mean his application is complete and being reviewed?

PS, no accept/decline buttons or documents

Hi,
Where on your app letter did it say GAP notifications starting 12/18? Under frequently asked questions?
It wasn’t on ours either, I wonder if they took it off or only sent it to those a being considered?

Thanks for sharing the info!

@Mom22kd - My letter does not have any dates for GAP as well. We got ours in early Oct.

@queenofaudaicty - When was your letter dated? Could it be something they started adding recently to the letter? Can you paste the wording here if possible? Thanks!

Apologies for the confusion, I went back and checked and it says nothing on my letter, it must have been a different college that mentioned something in the letter itself. It says on their website however that “Only those selected to move forward in the process will be notified by December 15”

2 Likes

Thanks! No worries! They all start to blend together at this point.

Has anyone who applied on 10/31 received a decision yet?

Yes
Accepted in portal last week
official letter in document center yesterday.

1 Like

How do you know if you’re accepted in portal