University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

I have and they just arent there

@confucious03, are you certain your application is complete? Did you submit the SRAR? Are you in-state? Just trying to walk through these items. Are you applying to a more competitive program like nursing or engineering? If it will calm you, maybe call the admissions office and ask about the status of your application. I don’t think you should be in panic mode because it’s so early. But I can see how this thread could cause worry. Keep your chin up

1 Like

I am certain, there is nothing in my todo box, and in the student center it says my application is complete, but i think you’re right i will call tomorrow and see the status. I applied to the School of Computer and Information

@Confucius03 , you could also try downloading the Pitt PS Mobile app. It is much easier to click the tabs to see if you have buttons and if your scores are on a separate tab for those. The actual Pitt portal is tough to navigate. Info. for now or for in the near future.

1 Like

I called them because I sent a second set of scores, and I was wondering if they were going to consider those scores because I sent a set already, and they told me they would which is a good sign, but they also told me that I probably won’t hear a response until about October

@confucious03 that makes me think it’s either about the program you applied to, or you are oos and that is their time frame. I would relax now. Good luck, and I’m glad you called.

OOS. Applied to Dietrich.

I agree with this , CS is a competitive program! @Confucius03 their Admission officers work by regions/counties (if you are instate). I’d guess each of them would work at different speed. I’m sure you will hear from them soon!!

Yeah im an in state applicant, and im a little above average, im honestly so scared that im not going to get in thats why i applied as early as i could

Did your daughter submit her SAT scores

She applied TO with no scores submitted.

@Confucius03 My son also applied for CS on 8/7 and he hasn’t heard either. We are in state. I wonder if that particular program is receiving later decisions. Did they say why the decision wouldn’t be released until October?

2 Likes

My son submitted his application recently via Common App though wasn’t able to submit any letters of recommendation (his school uses Naviance). I found a link for supplemental materials through this thread but his guidance counselor is saying it’s not appropriate for him to be requesting his letters of recommendation to submit as one PDF. Any insights on how else he could submit LOR? Or do most not include those?

Thank you! I am getting nervous because I applied on 8/16 and I have not heard back yet and no buttons. I sent my official SAT scores on 8/19. I am applying to the College of Nursing. My stats are as follow
SAT 1310 (a little low)
Rank 5/191
Weighted GPA 5.40
7 AP and 14 Honor
2 varsity sports
National Honor Society, English Society, and Rho Kappa
Volunteer Work with Athletes Helping Athletes and Basketball Manager
Paid Job
Don’t think it is enough. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

S22 applied 9/8 using the Pitt application, and sent ACT scores the same day. ACT scores were received by Pitt on 9/10 and I see the High Composite, High English, High Math, and SAT I Converted scores. Received Technology Help Desk email 9/10, and Pitt ID number on 9/13. Today, PS Mobile has Accept/Decline buttons. No document center email yet.

Swanson School of Engineering, Industrial Engineering.

2 Likes

Curious @13street - what were the test scores and what percentile was it converted to?
Mine is 1380 and it says 97%?
In reality a 1380 is 94%ile for 2021

35 Composite (99%ile) [E 35 (99), M 36 (100), R 35 (98), S 35 (99)] converted to 1540 on SAT I. No SAT percentile listed.

They didnt tell me why the decision wouldn’t be released until October, i just assumed it was because of the date that i submitted my application. The only thing they told me was that i was still in the beginning of the review process so i honestly couldn’t answer your question.

@momtofour12 , that really fires me up. Of course submit them if he wants to! How can you be told not to send them when there is a link to do so? I would communicate with admissions or admissions rep, give teachers the email to send them. Or if your son has the lor, send them to his rep. They accept resumes, too.

We also have naviance and before my D got around to uploading her resume, she was accepted.

@Haw511 , you are a fantastic candidate! Your best IS good enough. Best of luck.

If he has a PDF of his LOR I would send it. I think the “issue” can be the visibility if he signed the FERPA. My D’s guidance counselor just emailed it to the territory admissions rep. If that isn’t an option I would load it anyway honestly.