University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

OK, thank you. He did sign FERPA…he’s in a school where the guidance counselor meets him for 10 minutes each year to sign off on course selection so I suspect she assumed he wasn’t doing something right. I’ll email her directly and ask her to send any LOR to territory admissions rep. Appreciate the help!

1 Like

Has anyone still yet to receive the congratulatory email with the video? I got my decisions on 9/3 but nothing to this day.

Nope, acceptance letter 9/3…… Nothing here either. A little anticlimactic. I do hope they send something celebratory!!

1 Like

My child had the same situation with Common App/Naviance. They reached out to Pitt’s admissions rep for our area. The rep said give the teachers the rep’s email address and have the teachers email the LORs directly to the rep.

1 Like

Found acceptance letter in document center this evening (dated 9/15/21). No email from admissions yet.

1 Like

So I called admissions this morning and was told a congrats email will be sent within 72 hours of the acceptance letter. I said ok but her letter was dated 9/3, and she said oh maybe they aren’t doing the email video this year. Kinda a bummer

How does admissions view parents calling and checking on their daughter or son’s application status? I don’t want to jeopardize anything for my daughter…or piss her off that I called. Lol! I’m new to this whole college process.

1 Like

Best to have your student contact their Pitt AO, not a parent (this goes for any school)!

1 Like

Have D email her regional rep. My S spoke to his a couple of months back and got answers to many of his questions.

Does Pitt require LOR? I thought this was optional

@hischoolmomof2 , submitting the lor and resume is optional, but since they give a link to do so, my D is going to submit her resume and let her teachers know who to send their lor to.

@13street where in the document center did you find the acceptance letter? What tab did you click on to see it? Did you get an email that said to look in your document center?

S found this link to the document center and it worked. No email yet.

Edited to add: Email to access document center just received.

1 Like

@13street ok, so my D got an email two weeks ago with a link to access the document center…the one you sent above. Where in the document center is the acceptance letter? Is it where the buttons are under Admissions? I keep telling her to check under the Admissions tab, but she doesn’t see anything. Just wondering if she’s looking in the wrong place.

She should see the acceptance letter when she clicks on the site, assuming she’s logged on. No buttons, tabs. It should say ‘Your admission documents: Name Admit Letter’.

1 Like

We submitted the app on 9/15.
9/16 - Pitt downloaded the app and I see my son’s SRAR linked (we filled prior but didn’t submit it)
9/17 - email from tech with login to portal and Pitt acknowledgment.
We sent the test score and transcripts a week ago.
Emailed Pitt rep on LOR - Got a response from Pit local rep that we didn’t need to submit a resume or LOR. Mentioned they’ll move it to review with admissions soon. Fingers crossed for results.

1 Like

Admissions buttons are in the PSmobile. She also probably received a link to the regular portal. But the document center is in a totally different place. Use the link posted above for logging on directly to the document center. Or try copying this on your browser. Use her Pitt username and password.
https://ermpitt.force.com/OAFA/s/

Any new acceptances? I am still waiting to hear. This is week 5.

Applied 8/29 and still nothing.

Out of curiosity – has ANYONE who applied to fall 2022 gotten a congratulatory email?