University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Do you think they release in batches? Or one at a time?

My daughter did not apply until 12/21. I’m guessing we are in for a long wait. Although, you’d think applications would start to taper off.

2 Likes

Update. I applied on 10/31 and was accepted on 12/17. I just received a scholarship letter for 10k a year on 01/10. Still waiting for honors. Good luck to those waiting for responses and especially my fellow homeschoolers!

9 Likes

congratulations! Which major?

Finance.

Congrats! Was the scholarship sent in an email or was it in the portal?

My son got an email today to check his portal. The merit letter was in the portal. He applied 10/27, decision 12/10, engineering.

3 Likes

For merit and scholarship, are you out of state??

Yes, out of state, NJ

Just figured out UPitt never got my DD’s ACT scores :frowning: ACT website says it was sent… ugggghhhh

Apparently the result was released silently as of 12/15, and they didn’t even bother to send out a mass communication to all that applied. Lame.

1 Like

Congratulations! My daughter is a freshman there and loves it! Also got similar merit.

1 Like

Congrats, Scott!
Also, this applies to @Sealin
For my spreadsheet (I’m informally keeping track of aid vis a vis test-optional to see how it’s going):

• are you OOS
  • what was GPA
  • any APs?
  • did you submit test scores? If so, what were they?
  • amount of merit
    (PM is fine if you prefer.)
1 Like

Accepted CS October 19 (OOS), went to Nov admitted student day, but still no merit. Dreams of visiting and catching a Steelers game slowly dying… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, I just found out I got in yesterday for Architectural Design!

7 Likes

I received an email that said my portal had been updated. The letter was in the portal.

OOS
4.0 UW
No APs, but 8 dual enrollment classes (this would translate to 4 APs I believe since APs are year-long?). I also had two year-long courses marked as honors.
1510 SAT 760 EBRW 750 MTH
10k a year merit.

5 Likes

Has anyone found it is helpful to email admissions about a decision update? My son applied 10/31 for engineering and received nothing except that initial portal letter. I don’t want to negatively impact his chance of getting accepted or delay the process by him asking. Thanks

My daughter emailed her AO with several questions when she applied in August (accepted at the end of August/first of September). She didn’t have this question specifically, but her questions warm warmly received and answered.

If I were sending this email, I would say that it has been a couple of months and that he wanted to follow-up to see if Pitt needed any more information or had any questions. I don’t think it will reflect poorly on him for asking in that way.

3 Likes

Applied 11/26. Hasn’t heard back yet

1 Like