University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Wish I had encouraged my kid to apply before the first week in Nov. We must have hit the motherload time of applications… 2+ months and no decision yet. Congrats to all of you who got in sooner. So exciting!

2 Likes

Agree and congrats to your daughter. My freshman daughter is in the honors program and living it there! She was wait listed last year at other schools and had some good options! Ultimately chose Pitt and no regrets!

2 Likes

:100: agree! That’s exactly the love my ‘22 needed yesterday and it’s super appreciated!

2 Likes

Love the school that loves you back #h2pitt

5 Likes

When we attended a tour over the summer, they said they strongly encourage students to have applications in before October. Anything after would take significantly longer than anything before. They also view early apps as a sign of demonstrated interest. The later the the submission, the less interested they assume the applicant is.

Wonder if they send to the kiddos who have accepted already? Nothing here for D yet.

My D22 has not commited,but she was a mid-Sept. acceptance just getting the packet yesterday.

I think my girl is in. But where is the “Document Center”? I don’t see it anywhere?

Accepted in early September, still waiting on honors college and any possible merit

same

The document center link is in the email your girl received when her application was first submitted.

1 Like

Thanks! No wonder I don’t see it! HAHA. No doubt she is in as I went to the Accept/Decline page an there is the option so…

1 Like

It might be a long wait - up until March 1st.

We confirmed through Student center–She is IN. Wish I knew her first choice…HAHAHA!

5 Likes

I have a student who says he tried to apply to the main campus in November and the website said it was full and couldn’t be applied to. However, my D22 applied mid December for the main campus, so, was he mistaken?

Fall 2022 Update - Admissions | University of Pittsburgh

Just was on the admissions website, and there is a new admissions You Tube video dated January 18, 2022. The provost is explaining that compared to this time last year, Pitt has received 18,000 more applications which is a 62% increase!!! He’s asking for patience, etc. Worth a watch. Unbelievable.

6 Likes

Wow!

Stunning

Wow. Can I just say that I feel so badly for all of our children. They didn’t ask for any of this, they have not created the process, they are just living in it. It is out of control. How do schools handle this? No wonder they are protecting yield, if kids are applying to 20, 30, 40+ schools how you can you judge interest? The process cannot continue this way :frowning:

5 Likes

I’m glad my S applied so early- but for him it was a no brainer since he only applied to two schools.

1 Like