University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Different question here…We have thoroughly enjoyed the straight forward, no games admissions process at Pitt, but daughter has ultimately decided that she will enroll elsewhere. Would like to puill her application/decline the admissions offer to free up the spot as well as the merit dollars, but can’t seem to find the right place to do that ? Where should we look ?

2 Likes

Hi, anyone heard of Chancellor’s fellowship? on website it says early Feb but also says should be admitted to honors program? please share your thoughts. Thank you.

If you click on the “commit to pitt” link in the document center, then press “pay your deposit” a menu comes up on the left. Click “admissions” - “accept/decline”

And decline.

yes thank you!

1 Like

Thank you…Done. Good luck to all who are still waiting on a decision !

4 Likes

We were at admitted students day last Friday. At the Honors open house portion it was said Honors decisions would come out on March 1 with Chancellor’s invites to follow shortly within the same week. We were told that 60 will be invited to interview with 12-15 receiving scholarships.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing, @Rachel_Weyman_Barto! That spares me a day of obsessive portal refreshing tomorrow. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Best of luck to your girl!

Did they say if honors notifications will be for everyone that applied, or only for accepted applicants?

They did not mention if notifications would go out to those not selected.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I have a quick question about Pitt tuition and fees. We received the financial aid offer and are OOS. A concern I have is that while the cost for year 1 seems doable, I ran across a webpage a while ago that showed higher tuition and fees for certain colleges at Pitt. This has not been conveyed to us at all so far, through the admissions letter or aid offer. Admission is to a guaranteed program in a health field. Can anyone tell me whether the tuition and fees junior and senior years, as a result of being in the rehabilitation and health college, truly does go up by approximately $10,000 per year? If so that changes the calculus. Thanks!

Hi Gatormama, love the spreadsheet and wanted to contribute. We are here in Pittsburgh now, our first visit. DS loves the city environment. Doing a general campus tour and engineering tour tomorrow before heading back home to New England. Decision is down to Pitt, Purdue, Delaware and Maryland.
Applied: 10/26/21
Accepted: 11/17/21
Merit: $20K/year, received notice 1/25/22
Residency: OOS
Applied/accepted to School of Engineering / electrical engineering, also received guarantee to masters or EAGr
SAT: 1520
GPA: 96% unweighted, 100% weighted
APs: Took 5, and taking 2 now, plus a college math class and several Dual Enrollment (our school doesn’t offer that many AP classes)
ECs: 4-year varsity swim & club swim, Math Team, Space Grant research internship, work part-time in restaurant

6 Likes

thank you for the update!

Not sure if this is helpful, but I have used this site (probably the one you are referring to) for an idea of costs. Maybe contact them directly with a specific question you’re unsure of.
https://financialaid.pitt.edu/tuition-and-fees/

1 Like

Thank you, so with this tool if you input continuing undergraduate, OOS, you end up with a tuition and fees figure that is in line with what we received reflected in the financial aid package. However, I think it is possible that this tool is omitting the possibility that for some colleges, junior and senior year, tuition and fees actually rise by approximately $10,000. I think I will call as this is a huge increase and also not sure why the colleges calculator doesn’t reference it, other than a general statement about how tuition varies by program etc.

1 Like

You have to really dig deep to find this page that seems to substantiate the $10,000ish increase I am talking about. I wonder if this will be as much of a shock to some on this thread as it was to me for those looking at nursing and the health school. First two years with Dietrich, then $10,000ish more once you enter the major at the health college?

1 Like

Hmmm, yeah are you talking about going from Dietrich at 34k OOS to school of health 43k OOS?

1 Like

I thought nursing had its own school?

For nursing maybe freshmen enter that school from the start?

1 Like

Yes, I think that’s true (nursing would start in nursing). I think your fees would increase if moving from one school to another, definitely, but I don’t see where it would increase by 10k during the final two years if you remain in the school that is originally chosen. But definitely ask… that would be significant.