University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

we used Pitt app. Did the same thing a few yrs ago with our older kid and were so happy when she had an acceptance to a solid school before senior year even started (she did not go to
Pitt in the end). I do recall reading somewhere that although Pitt had no preference, it was a bit faster to use their application (I think this had to do mainly with the grade reports).

anyway, this current daughter applied 8/1. Got the buttons changed yesterday but has not gotten the email to make it official yet.

1 Like

Good point about the different schools. My D applied to School of Public Health.

1 Like

I used the Pitt application, marked “complete” yesterday and the acceptance letter received tonight.

In the official letter, “The Scholarship Committee meets from October through February and reviews admitted candidates on a weekly basis. All students selected to receive a scholarship will be notified no later than March 1.” I am wondering if committing now can reduce a chance for a scholarship?

same. letter came tonight! wasn’t expecting it after normal business hours

1 Like

Now waiting for a scholarship.

1 Like

Applied 8/8 Pitt app, went to review 8/16. Not sure if the application date is what’s important or if it’s when you get the email that has gone to review. Also which college you’re applying to and in state versus out could matter possibly?

never actually got an email that said to check the document center for a new document. just kept obsessively checking it anyway.

No email. Just check the document center for the official letter. Do you have any idea if early commitment can reduce a chance for a scholarship?

I don’t know. I would like to think schools are fair, and if you would have gotten one before committing, you will still get it after committing. And I’m pretty sure that’s what every school will tell you. Can’t say with any statistical evidence if that’s true though.

Thank you.

Just curious is there are any reason or advantage to committing this early?

Pitt is my first choice. I think I will wait to hear a scholarship offer before committing.

1 Like

Anyone else get their under review notice on 8/16 and still waiting to hear?

1 Like

Yes 8/16 email about review and still waiting. Which school did you apply to?

Arts and science oos with common app

Congratulations! Which school?

Thanks. A&S.

Yes my daughter - school of business

I have one waiting on the Business School too :crossed_fingers:

1 Like