University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

You have a good chance. Higher if in-state.

I would point out that it can be dangerous to rely on averages and ranges without considering the context. I found the official, pre-Covid common data sets the most useful. Those numbers are of incoming classes with everyone submitting standardized tests.

Numbers for “admitted” students are often higher than “enrolled”, and anything test-optional has to be taken with a grain of salt. Some colleges have only 25% of applicants submitting scores, which obviously skews all of the averages upward.

Not in state

1 Like

I hope it comes today. Still waiting for mine. Did you receive the formal letter in the Pitt Document Center.?

it’s my daughter and I don’t think she did. she doesn’t even know she got in yet.

1 Like

The letter should be posted in the Pitt Document Center.

My daughter just was marked complete and got accept/decline buttons!

OOS, Dietrich Biological Sciences
Applied 8/8
app in review email sent 8/16
Sat 1430/ACT 32
3.957 Weighted GPA, 4AP, 4 duel enrollment, 6 honors.

Not saying a word until her letter shows up which should be tomorrow correct?

6 Likes

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Congratulations :tada:

2 Likes

congrats!!! yes, mine showed up the very next day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Still waiting for the letter. I got the buttons yesterday.

1 Like

Got the letter today.

2 Likes

Tough night in my house.
WVU senior. Pitt applicant.
#backyardbrawl

4 Likes

Hopefully good news comes tomorrow!

Anyone who applied on or before 8/5 and still waiting? Application shows pending.

1 Like

Yes we are. But we had a screwup on a form so it’s expected.

My daughter applied on 8/1 too, and we’re still waiting.

2 Likes

Still waiting here too–applied 8/1

Curious - for those who have received acceptances or still waiting but applied in early August, did you apply through the Pitt app or the Common App? After my daughter applied through the Common App, we were told that the Pitt app gets to admissions faster so responses are received sooner. Would love to know if there is any truth to this.

My kids used the Common App. Still waiting. My understanding is that the various schools meet on different days to review applications. Hopefully they’ll continue to send out acceptances before the long weekend!

1 Like

I was wondering about this. It seems the majority that have heard have been Arts and Sciences so far. S applied with Pitt app on 8/5 to Swanson Engineering and still waiting.