University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

We submitted via SRAR today. The admissions counselor asked my son to text them when he did that so they can review personally. Wait and see mode now.

1 Like

We are doing srar. My daughter has block scheduling though so some of her classes donā€™t even start till next week

1 Like

Text them?? You text your admissions counselor?

2 Likes

do you have a specific admissions counselor to connect with? My son should do the same but I am not sure who he should contact.

1 Like

hereā€™s the page to figure out who your rep is:
https://admissions.pitt.edu/esms/

3 Likes

thank you

Has anyone received the admission package yet? I received letter of acceptance electronically 1/11

2 Likes

Eventually youā€™ll get a banner. And a video via email.

1 Like

a literal banner? i got accepted in september and havenā€™t gotten one (applied very early)

2 Likes

Applied Aug. 1, accepted Sept. 2, and just checked my posts because I couldnā€™t remember for sure - back in December he got ā€œa thick welcome envelope in the mail that folded out to a cool poster.ā€
So, not a banner, sorry :slight_smile:

4 Likes

must have missed mine :frowning:

1 Like

for classes that are still in progress did you average first and second marking period grades?
My son has 2 classes that have final grades but the rest are ā€œIn Progressā€ Thanks again

So since my daughters school does block scheduling, they get grades for each of the 4 marking periods. Some of her first semester classes were only one marking period and some are 2. She updated her SRAR when her first marking period classes were finalized as well as the grade she got for the first marking period for the others. When those grades are final this week she will updated it again and then for the classes that havenā€™t started she will have to list ā€œin progressā€. Of course her more rigorous (AP and Honors) classes are next semester!

Oh and any classes she has now are over the end of this week so those will be final grades.

Personally her mid year grades canā€™t make that much of a difference as sheā€™s consistently had the same grades all 4 years.

Question: Should admitted students also update the SRAR with midterm grades? I know there are a lot of students still waiting on merit and honors. Are midterm grades used in merit and honors decisions? Or should applicants only update the SRAR if prompted to do so by the school?

2 Likes

Excellent question

So not sure about Pitt but I know for another college my older daughter got in, we were hoping for more merit and asked about sending mid year grades and were told noā€¦that it wouldnā€™t make a difference. I would call Pitt to ask.

Ah ok. thank you. So basically he can average 1st and 2nd marking period grades to input the current mid year grade. the 2 that are marked as semester courses should be clear they are final grades. All of this is so confusing. We want to avoid naviance for Pitt bc they seem to prefer srar

I posted this on the pitt merit thread as well but thought I would ask here: Have there been any new merit awards the last Tuesday nights or Wednesday mornings which is when they seem to come out? OOS student accepted early and anxiously awaiting merit for months and so far still nothing so starting to really lose hope

1 Like

I donā€™t have the answer, but we are in the exact same boat. (Early admission, OOS) and we are thinking that ship has sailed.(pun intended) It is disappointing, as it is the favorite and has been for a while. Good luck!

3 Likes