University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

My S24 got the buttons today. He only applied about a week ago.

The buttons are hilarious. No email with video. Nothing on the front page. Just buttons.

4 Likes

As mentioned, some GAP programs are very competitive and some are not, but these are genius for Pitt and students! A student can accept the GAP program, change goals and not be locked into the GAP graduate program. But, if so desired, the student has a real edge for a graduate program they’re interested in. And the kids getting these offers are bright! My D18 got the PA Gap and is in PA school now. My D22 got the law GAP. If she meets the GPA (I forget what it is, but it’s very attainable), and has the LSAT score required, she’ll also get a scholarship that averages $20,000 per year of law school! Now if she lines up Pitt’s offer to other law school acceptances, she can see what offer is best. A total win-win for Pitt and the students, imo. Marketing? Yes. Real programs to a student’s advantage? Absolutely.

6 Likes

Congratulations!

4 Likes

My daughter got a button Friday! Wish has something in the document center to confirm 100%. LOL! This is so odd!

6 Likes

Totally understand how you feel. We too are waiting impatiently. They did not mention additional step besides that you selected from the GAP dropdown when first applied the undergrad admission. The only thing they told me is the decision will be released to document center in spring. I guess it will probably be same time as Honor college.

1 Like

I applied through Common App on 8/21. I still have not received the SRAR application link or account activation information. When does it typically come through for those who apply through Common App?

You should have had it within a few days. Call.

3 Likes

They told us in the information session in August that we didn’t have to wait for a link. Just complete the SRAR online using the same email address you used for the common app, and then send it to Pitt. They will link it on the back end.

3 Likes

I agree, we used Common App, it was a technical glitch, and I wish we had called IT Help sooner.

Yes but sounds like they never got the peoplesoft I’d which they will need.

My D submitted common app and SRAR on the same day. I’m not saying the student shouldn’t call, but there’s no need to wait to submit the SRAR.

3 Likes

Make sure you use the same email for both the application and SRAR. Check on SRAR it should auto link in couple of days once application is submitted

3 Likes

Yep I would just be concerned about the app being complete without a people soft id, seems like it wasn’t processed on the front end

1 Like

@ragul , please do not wait for any email. Google “university of Pittsburgh self reported academic record SRAR”, you will get the link. Enter your grades and submit. Use the same email that your common app is linked to. Send your SAT score immediately if you haven’t. It will take a day or two for SRAR get downloaded. Then give a call pitt admissions and make sure your application is in order. Best of luck.

1 Like

My D officially accepted to the Nursing program. Yay!!
Applied 9/27
Completed SRAR 9/28
Buttons Appeared 10/20
Letter in Document Center after 7pm 10/23

Congrats to everyone accepted so far! When does merit (if awarded) and GAP (if accepted) letters show up?

Thanks everyone…this forum has been great!

7 Likes

My Ds GAP arrived same day as the letter. Still waiting on merit (accepted 10/13)

1 Like

S24
Dietrich A&S
International and Area Studies

Completed SRAR 10/9
Applied to Pitt 10/14
Linked SRAR 10/14
Buttons Appeared magically 10/21
Letter in Document Center 10/23 evening

6 Likes

I can’t speak to all of them, but I do think they are a big perk/advantage. My D22 received the GAP for Nursing. I will say that she does not at this point have the 3.5 GPA requirement. Those 4.0’s in high school are not so easy to come by now!! I guess every school grades a little differently, but in her HS, a B+ was a 3.33, at Pitt it is a 3.25. And she has a lot of B+'s so it makes that 3.5 a little harder to achieve.

Editing to add a note that her GAP letter was sent the same time as her acceptance letter.

4 Likes

Hi! I applied to Pitt with the common app on 10/20 but haven’t received any confirmation or application portal emails from them so far. Has this happened to anyone? Is it worth contacting admissions?

My D applied 9/27 via common app and 9/29 we received invite to activate PITT applicant account. If you don’t have something by tomorrow I would contact admissions:)

1 Like