University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

Thank you!

Sounds good thanks😊

i got my acceptance poster in the mail and commiting and have yet to recieve documentation its been a solid month

Congratulations, Bria2!
We didn’t realize you have to log into the document center to see the accepted letter. We did google Pitt document center as suggested by 1610satscorer and then my daughter found it and logged in and the letter was there. Were you able to find the document center? She was also accepted to Nursing! H2P!

3 Likes

it’s not there either i was accepted like a month ago

it is what is it i guess congratulations

If electronic documents or emails are not showing up when they should, I would suggest reaching out to Pitt.

Their website suggests the following:

https://admissions.pitt.edu/request-info/contact-us/

If you submitted your application and did not receive an email about accessing your University of Pittsburgh account or need assistance with your account, please contact the Pitt IT Help Desk at (412) 624-HELP [4357].

We were missing the very first email, eventually gave them a call, and after a brief wait on hold they straightened it all out for us. I wish we had done that much sooner in retrospect.

1 Like

Hi @skitcher !!

3 Likes

To find the doc center you can also login to my.Pitt.com and scroll down. It’s one of the available apps. It’s also where you can find everything you will need over the next 6-9 months if you attend including student email, PittPay, course schedules, and housing/dining apps.

Note that the separate Pitt PS Mobile they have used for ages to check course schedules was retired and replaced with an app in my.Pitt.com called PeopleSoft High Point CX

1 Like

I emailed them and got a response September 21 and they told me just to wait I don’t want to spam them with emails

Daughter applied 9/30 via Common App
10/3 - SRAR submitted
10/10 Application under review/ pending
10/18 - In student center portal - under Admissions -application status marked complete and accept/decline buttons appear within Accept/Decline admissions
10/20 - Admission letters in Document Center

Applied Dietrich, Pre-Pharmacy guaranteed admission to PharmD program
3.8 UW /4.4W GPA
33 ACT
Out of State (NJ)

5 Likes

What does accept/decline look like? When we click that there’s nothing thete.

I think post 435 has a screen shot

1 Like

Has anyone received notification of being accepted in to guaranteed physical therapy?

I asked admission office earlier and they told me it’s a separated review for Physical Therapy Guarantee program. It will only be released in spring.

1 Like

@beishan Thanks! Waiting impatiently and seeing other programs get offers! Do you know if they will get invited for selection and have to submit more essays/applications or do they just notify that you have been selected?

How competitive are these Guarantee grad school programs? Does it depend on which ones/major? I read mixed things-some mention it’s a way for Pitt to help their yield/marketing and some say super competitive and an incredible perk/advantage.

Yes, some like law are much more of a marketing technique and everyone over a certain threshold will be offered it. Others, like MD and other health-related ones are incredibly selective and a huge advantage.

1 Like

So I think mostly those two alternatives are actually two sides to the same thing–it will help their yield if it is at least often a significant perk/advantage, in the same way that, say, merit offers increase yield for that reason.

In terms of how competitive it is, I don’t know. With merit, they only have so much money in the budget so it has to be at least somewhat competitive. With these various grad programs, I don’t know how scarce the spots are, how many people actually use them, and so on.

But I would guess some are more competitive than others, just because usually some grad programs are more competitive than others.

In the end, I think what matters is just if your kid would potentially be interested in that program. If so, it becomes a nice addition to consider. And in some cases, I think some kids would be very interested, in which case it may well be the ultimate deciding factor.

2 Likes

If GAP is rolling (the one comes with your undergrad acceptance), I don’t think it’s highly competitive but it’s still a perk if for those who want it. For medicine, physical therapy and physician assistant, it requires separated review and will only release result after reviewing all, it’s very competitive.

4 Likes