University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

Is there a certain amount that would tip the scale for your student to enroll at Pitt? Does he LOVE Pitt? Has he visited? There are so many amazing schools in Virginia that are so reasonably priced for residents. W&M tried to recruit my PA S19 hard! No merit, no aid but with the Honors program and research money. It made zero sense for us to pay $65K out-of-state a year to W&M. This incredibly high stat kid, like yours, was waitlisted at Harvard and Columbia (Harvard until June) It was painful. We learned many lessons from the first kid. S19 ended up accepting his generous merit to Pitt. Pitt loved him back and he ended up with 4 incredible years and an MCAT score in the top 1%. (He was invited to GAP Med, didn’t apply) Your child will excel anywhere. I know the process is painful.

4 Likes

Offered Scholarship $10k/yr (Total $40k). The letter was in the Document Center with no email.

My son’s timeline for OOS Business School is as following:

9/20 submitted via Common App
9/21 Pitt downloaded his application
9/25 Received Pitt portal email
9/25 Pitt ID letter in Document Center
10/10 Application status “Complete” and Accept / Reject Button showed up
10/11 Accepted letter & Guaranteed Admission to MBA in Document Center
10/16 Really Cool Personalized Video (email received)
10/24 Scholarship $10k/yr (Total $40k)
Waiting for Honors

5 Likes

Wow, that’s amazing! My timeline is very similar. I applied 9/20 via common app and accepted 10/18 for School of Computing and Info! Now waiting to hear about merit. I am glad you heard this early since it means I may hear soon :crossed_fingers:

Check the Document Center. Merit letter may already be there!!! We never got any email. I just happened to check.

Just checked the document center… still not there yet :frowning: hopefully will get some news in the coming days

Is it possible to get 20k /yr or 15 or 10k /yr merit for School of Computing and Info?

OOS also

Anyone else have documents in their document center but cannot open them? I get the following error message:

URL No Longer Exists
You have attempted to reach a URL that no longer exists on salesforce.com.

You may have reached this page after clicking on a direct link into the application. This direct link might be:
• A bookmark to a particular page, such as a report or view
• A link to a particular page in the Custom Links section of your Home Tab, or a Custom Link
• A link to a particular page in your email templates

If you reached this page through a bookmark, you are probably trying to access something that has moved. Please update your bookmark.

If you reached this page through any of the other direct links listed above, please notify your administrator to update the link.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!

2 Likes

3.7 with 3 honors classes, Honor Roll 9-11
No test scores,
Studio Arts,
Girl Scout, Silver award with Congressional Recognition
Teacher’s assistant at Art School for 3 years
Various Jobs
Submitted 15 piece art portfolio link in additional information section
Out of State
Demonstrated interest with Open House, Virtual Sessions etc.
One of her top choices

2 Likes

My daughter did and there was at least one other post I saw in the merit thread that was from school of computing and info. :slight_smile:

Does anyone have experience with Psychology or English at Pitt? My daughter applied and was accepted this year to Dietrich - yeah! I see a lot of comments on this string about Engineering, Business and Nursing. Just curious if anyone has experience with a student in one of those programs or applying for one of those majors. TIA.

2 Likes

The Psych major is very popular at Pitt. A lot of pre-meds take it as well as non pre-meds. Pitt does not offer a Psych minor at the main campus. Notably, the PhD Psych program (as well as PhD Philosophy) are highly regarded.

Western Psych Hospital on the Pitt campus is a premiere research and in-patient psychiatric hospital. One of the best in the country. A lot of student opportunities.

I cannot speak of the English dept. or major.

3 Likes

The English department is very solid. I would describe it as probably top 30ish.

1 Like

i faced this error when i tried to access my link that i had previously bookmarked. I recommend going back to the original link of the document center that you got via the email and accessing it. Hope this works!

Clear your history or try from another PC, that worked for me

Tried both, did not work :frowning: so odd - I reached out to their computing.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Very helpful.

2 Likes

Does Pitt accept Raise.me by any chance?

My understanding is that they do not accept raise.me.

Does merit notification only come on Tuesday evenings or can it be in between during the week also?