University of Pittsburgh Class of 2028 Official Discussion Thread

I believe it’s Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I don’t know if they upload the letters in batches, but the decisions seem to be made once/week.

Have any of y’all applied to Dietrich? If so, how long did it take to get your decision? I submitted October 7th and wanted to see when I can expect my decision to come.

@Morty5887 please take a moment scroll up in this thread and also the link below. Many people have already entered their timelines and outcomes

S24 got his merit letter this morning in document center (dated Nov 1): 5k/year.
OOS, School of Computing and Information. 3.93UW, TO.

3 Likes

In State
GPA 4.437 (W) / 3.768 (UW)
SAT 1360
4 AP, 15 Honors
4 year varsity athletics
3 Honor Societies
Various community service / volunteer hours
Leadership roles
4 years employment

CA submitted 10/10
Guidance submitted their documents 10/11
Received portal link 10/12
SRAR completed 10/15
10/23 email came that application moved to review phase
11/1 decision/buttons posted in portal
11/2 Letter received in Documents on portal

Haven’t received email yet - I’m sure that will be coming soon.

7 Likes

DS submitted October 20 and got the letter in the document center yesterday Nov. 1. He got the accept decline buttons on Oct. 31 in the evening. His technical u/w GPA is a 3.35 but I discovered our school counts an A in an unweighted class as a 3.7 so I think if the school recalculates his GPA is would be closer to an unweighted 3.6/3.7.

3 Likes

Congrats!! What’s the major and stats plz ?

1 Like

whats panther link

Math-econ, the stats are the GPA is a 3.35 weighted on a 4.0 scale (which means an A in a regular class is a 3.7) so if they recalculate it on a regular 4.0 scale (where an A is a 4.0) it will be a 3.6 or 3.7. 1280 SAT with a 700 in math one sitting, and I think (in my non-professional view) a really good essay. He is not a recruited athlete, his sport would be a club sport but he did place 4th at the J.O. regionally and is on a nationally known team. Plus all the other EC stuff, clubs, leadership, community service, summer jobs etc.

1 Like

Which day of the week are decisions made? since it is friday today, does it mean have to wait till next week for results now ?

Documents complete Oct 27th. review email recd. Been 1 week. No results

It does look like Tu/Wed is the most likely time of week for decision releases, and it usually takes longer than a week before you are likely to get a decision. This makes sense because assuming the committee itself is on something like a weekly schedule, there are likely steps both before and after committee, including administrative steps.

So this is purely speculative, but if you were complete as of 10/27, then assuming some additional days for whatever happens before committee, you probably could not have gone to the committee phase until this week at the earliest. And then the committee might make a decision by the end of this week, but it won’t go through the remaining administrative steps for release until T/W of next week.

And that again is just a hypothetical, but it is probably the fastest it could realistically happen. If it takes longer, that would likely be explainable too–maybe the committee was overloaded this week, maybe they took off Halloween, who knows?

2 Likes

@Bria2 the email we received the other day says “… The Pitt community is here to support you, encourage you, and celebrate your successes. In fact, we’ve created a space just for you to get to know other admitted students, current students, staff, faculty, and alumni called Panther Link!….”

1 Like

Applied on 10/11 and haven’t received a decision yet. Activated the portal on October 19th. Weirdly, received a second email on October 27 asking me to activate my account - but, it is already activated. My status has been pending since the account was activated. Hoping to receive a decision soon.

My DD applied on 10/09 , 10/12 application all completed and portal activated. 10/16 application moved to review phase since then waiting in Pending :slight_smile:
No idea it’s been 3 weeks no To dos no communication

What does it mean when you get the peoplesoft notification?

1 Like

University of Pittsburgh:

Timeline for OOS School of Nursing Acceptance:
W 96.7 (Test Optional), 15 IB / AP, Honors/ Dual Enrollment, Great EC’s, Varsity Sports, etc…
• 9/27 Submitted via Common App & SRAR
• 10/10 Application moved to “review” phase (Notified via email)
• 10/20 Status “Complete” and Accept / Reject Button showed up
• 10/23 Acceptance Letter in Document Center after 7pm (Did not get Guaranteed Nursing Admission, but was thrilled for acceptance letter so still happy!)
• 10/30 Personalized Video Received via email (Very cute!!!)

**No merit offered to date…hopefully something will show up in Document Center

1 Like

Congratulations!! Out of curiosity - how do you know that you did not get Guaranteed Nursing Admission? Doesn’t it come out in another letter/another date?

Thanks! I was told that it would have been received with letter of acceptance and we did not received with that. Would be great if it showed up eventually, but I have seen in these chats and read that it arrives with letter of admission.

Gotcha - my son applied for guaranteed admissions to dental, applied 10/17 received acceptance 10/25 but did not get anything about dental program. I honestly just assumed it would take longer and when I look at previous years - many people did not get notified until end of March (though some got notified earlier as well).